Red Band (R-rated) trailer: Too good

Author Topic: Red Band (R-rated) trailer: Too good  (Read 12170 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: Red Band (R-rated) trailer: Too good
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2008, 06:39:40 PM »
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Well I guess it depends on what you mean by 'good'.

If I want to be sick, I'll just chug a bottle of dish soap. That's not what I want from M. Night Shyamalan.

:) Hey mate, I have a friend who actually saw a screening, and I got both good news and bad news.

The good news: This movie is not going to be like those "Saw" movies.  It won't be a gorefest, obviously.

The bad news: The gore that is shown in this movie is the most intense, brutal, and horrific gore imaginable due to how realistic it is.  It doesn't take up much screen time, but it's enough to leave a lasting impression and make one sick to the pit of their stomach.

To be honest, I didn't want this type of movie from M. Night either, and I'll probably not go to see this one.  :( It's a shame too since I love Shyamalan's other films, even Lady in the Water!

So you are going to watch it cause your friend saw it and gave good news and bad news about it?  ::)

JWMMakerofMusic

• Wide Awake

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2008, 08:25:09 PM »
*SPOILERS*

:( I'm probably not going to see it because I don't like gore.  Okay, yes, I know there were some brief "gory" moments in Sixth Sense, but seriously, those weren't what I'd consider horrific compared to...

-The lady and the sewing needle, well, after she pokes it in her neck, she tears her neck open by stretching it out.
-Yes, it is a lion who tears off the limbs of the guy who feeds himself to it.
-One of the major characters towards the end of the movie skins himself, starting with his arms and ending with his face.

And these are not the only gory scenes in the movie he said, but he said that it should be enough to aide my decision.  (I was on the fence about seeing it.)  This is definitely not what I would want from an M. Night film, but I hope he is successful with it anyway. :)
1. Sixth Sense
2. Lady in the Water
3. Unbreakable
4. The Village
5. Signs

SunnyD24

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2008, 09:19:36 PM »
Did your friend like the film?

I personally can't wait for this film...it is great IMO to see Night doing something diffrent. Something that could shock people.

There was a poll on comingsoon.com in which The Happening was the 3rd most anticipated film of June behind The Incredible Hulk and Wall-E. I will take 3rd behind those movies, but it shows a good chunk of people are looking foward to this.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2008, 09:32:34 PM »
Lot a people looking forward to it....

JWMMakerofMusic

• Wide Awake

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2008, 10:12:41 PM »
 ;D The graphic stuff made him cringe, but overall, he liked it.
1. Sixth Sense
2. Lady in the Water
3. Unbreakable
4. The Village
5. Signs

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2008, 08:17:01 PM »
;D The graphic stuff made him cringe, but overall, he liked it.

That's good.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2008, 09:54:51 AM »
That does sound pretty graphic and disturbing, and disgusting.  That does make me little wary of seeing it.  Though I do have one question, how did your friend see it.  Also, what you posted doesn't make sense with what the rating says.  The MPAA rating says that it is R for violent and disturbing images.  Does anybody know what Pan's Labyrinth was rated R for-graphic violence and language.  I saw Pan's Labyrinth unedited, except for the language.  There were some pretty disturbing and violent parts in that movie, but according to the rating it is worse than The Happening.  At least that's what I think it means, and I have done a little studying of the rating system.  Maybe I'll send a e-mail to MPAA, asking what they mean.  Also, I think I know which character apparently skins himself.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2008, 12:03:07 PM »
Sorry if I sounded harsh or mean.  I didn't mean to. ;D
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

JWMMakerofMusic

• Wide Awake

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2008, 07:41:50 PM »
I think my friend was invited to an advanced screening, first of all.  Now, the...

*SPOILERS*

That does sound pretty graphic and disturbing, and disgusting.  That does make me little wary of seeing it.

Here are the blood n gore spoilers:

1.  As mentioned, a main character skins himself.  He starts slicing away at his arms, then his legs, then all the way up to his face, will all muscles and stuff exposed.

2.  A person acts happy, as if in a retarded stupor, while a lion tears off his limbs.

3.  The lady in the trailer you see with the sewing needle, well, after she pokes that in her neck, she tears open her neck by stretching the skin.

4.  A man slits his own throat with a pair of scissors.

5.  A lady drinks a bottle of bleach and makes herself throw up.  (Could this be a nod to the fact that M. Night is reinventing the horror cinema, just like he reinvented the mystery movie with the Sixth Sense?)

6.  Don't forget the tracktor.  He didn't elaborate too much on that, but he cringed during that one too.

He said that what makes this so scary isn't how gruesome the scenes are, but the fact that the characters themselves are in no pain when doing this crap to themselves.

*EVEN MORE SPOILERS, THE ENDING*

He also mentioned that the ending is shown with a dialogue on the train about how oil is the blood of the Earth and the Earth wanted revenge against mankind.  The screen fades to black and letters flash on the screen about how the whole human population of Earth is dead. :-\
1. Sixth Sense
2. Lady in the Water
3. Unbreakable
4. The Village
5. Signs

Hawkowl

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2008, 08:10:16 AM »
Spoiler!

He also mentioned that the ending is shown with a dialogue on the train about how oil is the blood of the Earth and the Earth wanted revenge against mankind.  The screen fades to black and letters flash on the screen about how the whole human population of Earth is dead.

Ooh, I don't know if I like that ending.  :-\
It doesn't seem very M. Night Shyamalan-ish. Oh well.
-Hawkowl