Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Red Band (R-rated) trailer: Too good

Author Topic: Red Band (R-rated) trailer: Too good  (Read 15630 times)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Re: Red Band (R-rated) trailer: Too good
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2008, 01:56:11 PM »
I believe he means that the trailers, in the past, have been misleading.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2008, 02:10:21 PM »

Well, if he means that, then I think he is wrong. Look at the Red Band Trailer, what part of that is misleading. RATED R...we see Rated R on the screen. lol

Rohan

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2008, 02:22:09 PM »

Well, if he means that, then I think he is wrong. Look at the Red Band Trailer, what part of that is misleading. RATED R...we see Rated R on the screen. lol

Rohan

I could be way off base here,but I think he is referring to what happened when The Village came out.  The Village's marketing plan was to make it look really scary. And then people were mad because they were expecting a scary film,but instead got a thinker.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »

Rohan

I could be way off base here,but I think he is referring to what happened when The Village came out.  The Village's marketing plan was to make it look really scary. And then people were mad because they were expecting a scary film,but instead got a thinker.

Well, you have seen "The Happening" trailer and I have. Does it seem like its misleading?

Rohan

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2008, 01:25:34 AM »

Rohan

Well, you have seen "The Happening" trailer and I have. Does it seem like its misleading?

Rohan

No, not based on what "The Green Effect"  script looked like.  But I can't really say whether or not its misleading because I havent seen the actual movie.

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2008, 08:52:58 AM »
I definitely feel like Shyamalan's trailers tend to be a little misleading at times, at least when it comes to the main intent of the movie.  The Village is a classic example, but even Signs looked different from what it really was, as did LITW.  The trailers always amp up the scariness of the movies beyond what they really are, so it's not out of line to think that perhaps The Happening isn't as scary, or even violent as the trailers indicate.  Obviously, you're going to see what you see in the trailer, but just because it's framed as this horrific movie, doesn't mean that's going to be the main emphasis when you actually watch the film. 
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2008, 08:25:21 AM »
That's right.You have to put these scenes from the trailer in the context of the movie: if the movie it's not a horror one,then these scenes will get another meaning,in my opinion.
However,this trailer is quite scary (mainly in a psichological way,I mean)  :o
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2008, 08:55:13 AM »
I agree, that's why I think the best trailer is the second Red Band, because it gets a mix of both.  I think it will be scary, but I think the moments in the trailer will be the worst, but I plan on seeing it opening night and if people want to know what the violence is like, I'd be glad to let them know.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2008, 03:41:14 PM »
Opening night me too,that's for sure!I've been waiting for this for almost 2 years ;D
"Welcome to The Cove"

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2008, 07:45:10 PM »
I agree, that's why I think the best trailer is the second Red Band, because it gets a mix of both.  I think it will be scary, but I think the moments in the trailer will be the worst, but I plan on seeing it opening night and if people want to know what the violence is like, I'd be glad to let them know.

Make sur private message me, I will watch it on saturday night.

Rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2008, 08:54:22 AM »
Allright, cool, I saw Lady In The Water opening showing, and that wasn't that hard, the one thing that might make it harder is it's release date, more people will show up for it, except I order my tickets online, so never mind.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2008, 01:10:53 PM »
I rather doubt that "The Happening" will have a midnight showing, though maybe nobody was implying that it would.  I suspect that "The Incredible Hulk" will though....  :-\

I'm planning on seeing the movie it's first showing in the late morning, likely around 11:00 am sometime.  So it'll be the first screening in our area more than likely!  8)

My sister-in-law is getting married that weekend though, so chances are I won't have time to get online and post about it until either Saturday morning, or maybe even Sunday.
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2008, 01:19:52 PM »
Some theaters might have midnight showings. I did a search and found a theater in New Jersey that is.

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2008, 01:33:45 PM »
Some theaters might have midnight showings. I did a search and found a theater in New Jersey that is.

I stand corrected Dr! I checked my local theatre, and found they do have midnight showings for BOTH movies that day!  So it looks like I'll be changing my plans slightly, and be going to the Midnight showing now!  WhoHoo! (I love midnight showings anyway, and seeing The Happening then will be so perfect!)

I'm a "Signs" person.

JWMMakerofMusic

• Wide Awake

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2008, 03:09:40 PM »
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Well I guess it depends on what you mean by 'good'.

If I want to be sick, I'll just chug a bottle of dish soap. That's not what I want from M. Night Shyamalan.

:) Hey mate, I have a friend who actually saw a screening, and I got both good news and bad news.

The good news: This movie is not going to be like those "Saw" movies.  It won't be a gorefest, obviously.

The bad news: The gore that is shown in this movie is the most intense, brutal, and horrific gore imaginable due to how realistic it is.  It doesn't take up much screen time, but it's enough to leave a lasting impression and make one sick to the pit of their stomach.

To be honest, I didn't want this type of movie from M. Night either, and I'll probably not go to see this one.  :( It's a shame too since I love Shyamalan's other films, even Lady in the Water!
1. Sixth Sense
2. Lady in the Water
3. Unbreakable
4. The Village
5. Signs