Why the desent of this film?

Author Topic: Why the desent of this film?  (Read 1329 times)

dadoffour

• Praying with Anger

Why the desent of this film?
« on: May 16, 2008, 11:29:43 AM »
I am intrigued at the different opinions this film has created, but the negative anger me. I am a father of four, all under the age of 8. My children love the movie, and why is it children can get the message, yet pompas adults can not.

They see that it is a story of good and evil, they understand right and wrong. They understand hope, and that we all when working together can perform amazing things. The film reminds us, that we all have different gifts, and when we use them for the betterment of our world and lives, we can make a difference.

They even know that Signs was not an "alien movie". Again the mind of a hild can see that it is a story in a story. The renewing of a mans faith.

My oldest daught knows that in Lady in the Water, "his family died" and that he chose to be something greater in spite of his loss. He and others used their gifts.

Why can we not look at life anymore with the eyes of a child, and see things as more than just film critics, and the negative light we as adults have so bound ourselves?

okokokok

• LITW

Re: Why the desent of this film?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 04:04:40 PM »
Try looking at some other posts in this topic.  There is lengthy discussions about this already.  Your ideas have been addressed somewhere in here I think.