Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull  (Read 5808 times)

Lifeordeath1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull
« on: May 20, 2008, 10:57:35 PM »
I had the privilege to have advanced tickets tonight (Tuesday) to see the new Indiana Jones!  Very interesting film, Spielberg's style really came out.  Although I have to say, there are certainly some cheesy dialogue parts.  The acting was good, but the writer could have done a little sprucing up.  I wish there would have been a little bit more whip action though.  The beginning was really good! 

When you anyone gets to see it post and tell me your thoughts!  :)
I hope I can get The Happening advanced tickets!   :)

"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Unbroken

Re: Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 07:30:10 AM »
Coolness.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 09:12:23 AM »
I don't know, it's just never interested me that much, plust I've also only seen the third one, none of the others.  I'm planning on going with a couple friend to the opening showing on Friday 13th for The Happening.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

GothMan

• The Happening

• Personal Text
    You should close your eyes to see the Truth.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 02:48:49 AM »
I've heard from a friend of mine that it was weak...  :-\
"A common misperception of me is... That all my movies have twist endings, or that they're all scary. All my movies are spiritual and all have an emotional perspective." (M. Night Shyamalan)

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 08:51:54 AM »
I just didn't look that good, it seems that it's riding on the success of the previous films, but then again I haven't seen it.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 03:22:38 PM »
I saw it and I didn't like it.The script is very weak,in my opinion,and the movie can't take off.Very far from the trilogy,especially The Last Crusade :-\
"Welcome to The Cove"

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 07:22:52 PM »
For the most part I really enjoyed the movie.  However, I didn't care for the ending, and I suppose by rights the whole storyline that led up to it.  Still, that isn't enough to detract from it being close in stature to Raiders and Crusade, and definitely better than TOD.
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 02:17:07 PM »
I went to see it yesterday with my father (He likes adventure movies, it's not my favorite genre). I enjoyed it. It was actualy the first time I saw an Indiana Jones movie. Best part for me was the nuclear explosion (Not the survival of Dr. Jones, that was just too much!). Also I liked the fact that they started working on a new start (Jones' son). If Harrison Ford ever stops as Indy, they can still make new movies with the new Indiana Jones!
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 01:48:52 PM »
I saw it for a second time (yuck) and it was so boring.  The whole movie felt like they just threw it altogether and went with what came out.
      M. Night Shyamalan

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 10:25:55 AM »
I thought it was gonna be one of the best (or at least most fun) films i've ever seen. But I was disappointed. As everyone has said the story was rubbish, can't believe Lucas pushed so hard for that crystal skull idea, and it just lacked (in parts) the fun of the old ones.

Saying that the parts that were good were really really really good. It's still miles ahead of other adventure films. The jungle chase sequence is one of the most exciting i've ever seen.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 04:18:24 PM »
I thought it was gonna be one of the best (or at least most fun) films i've ever seen. But I was disappointed. As everyone has said the story was rubbish, can't believe Lucas pushed so hard for that crystal skull idea, and it just lacked (in parts) the fun of the old ones.

Saying that the parts that were good were really really really good. It's still miles ahead of other adventure films. The jungle chase sequence is one of the most exciting i've ever seen.

Which parts were really really good in your opinion?  I thought when he was figuring where to hide was very good.  The soda shop was very good looking. 

The jungle scene?  Well, there were some good parts, but how lame was it that "Mud" swang through the jungle and actually caught up to the speeding cars?  I mean give me a break.  I know none of it is real, but seriously.  I knew the big boulder in the first one wasnt real, but it sure felt like it.  This was just hideous.
      M. Night Shyamalan

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 06:51:41 PM »
There is a very interesting mix of people on these boards I tell you.  So many different opinions and people who haven't seen the original Indy movies!

I like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.  I like it more than The Last Crusade, but The Temple of Doom is much better than both of the last 2 movies in my opinion.  And I won't even bring up Raiders of the Lost Ark because I don't think it belongs in the same family of films.  Raiders is in a whole other league in tone and quality as far as I am concerned.  I'm not as interested in what the series has become, which seems to be the the silly adventures of the archeologist and his family.

On a side not, M Night says Raiders is the best adventure film of all time.

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 09:27:05 AM »
I am surprised by the amount of negativity over the film.  Sure, there were elements I didn't care for, but as a lifelong Indy fan, I knew what to expect, and I got it.  For that reason, I enjoyed the movie, and thought it was better than TOD at the very least, and certainly on par with TLC.  It's not Raiders, but then what movie is?
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »
Which parts were really really good in your opinion?  I thought when he was figuring where to hide was very good.  The soda shop was very good looking. 

The jungle scene?  Well, there were some good parts, but how lame was it that "Mud" swang through the jungle and actually caught up to the speeding cars?  I mean give me a break.  I know none of it is real, but seriously.  I knew the big boulder in the first one wasnt real, but it sure felt like it.  This was just hideous.

I thought the warehouse bit at the start, the motorbike chase, and the jungle chase were all fantastic. It's sweet when Indy goes through the back of the car from the motorbike. And the sword fight between Mutt and Spalko and all the vehicle swapping there is ace. (maybe a little less impressive if you've seen POC Dead Man's Chest though, pretty friggin cool moving-through-jungle-sword-fight on that as well). Yeah the cafe part was fun.

But lol man you're defo right about Mutt swinging through the jungle, I was jst like "wtf..."

I could kinda accept that he caught up with the cars though, like if they drove really wide and he went straight through the middle then he cudda made it?....right...?

Yeah ok maybe not.

Lol there was aliens and crystal skulls and cars flying off cliffs and being cradled to saftey by trees...the dude swinging on a vine is what I find implausible haha

Tbh if the aliens had actually got up and started moving at the end though I probably would have left the cinema.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 10:41:22 PM »

I thought the warehouse bit at the start, the motorbike chase, and the jungle chase were all fantastic. It's sweet when Indy goes through the back of the car from the motorbike. And the sword fight between Mutt and Spalko and all the vehicle swapping there is ace. (maybe a little less impressive if you've seen POC Dead Man's Chest though, pretty friggin cool moving-through-jungle-sword-fight on that as well). Yeah the cafe part was fun.

But lol man you're defo right about Mutt swinging through the jungle, I was jst like "wtf..."

I could kinda accept that he caught up with the cars though, like if they drove really wide and he went straight through the middle then he cudda made it?....right...?

Yeah ok maybe not.

Lol there was aliens and crystal skulls and cars flying off cliffs and being cradled to saftey by trees...the dude swinging on a vine is what I find implausible haha

Tbh if the aliens had actually got up and started moving at the end though I probably would have left the cinema.

Haha.  Yeah I hear ya.  Actually I was expecting them to get up.  Mortorbike chase was cool!  I can see your point about cutting through the jungle and catching up, but... no.  Blah!  haha!   ;D
      M. Night Shyamalan