Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Covering the ears? noise? thoughts...

Author Topic: Covering the ears? noise? thoughts...  (Read 3830 times)

ypehmish

• Unbreakable

• Email
Covering the ears? noise? thoughts...
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:41:17 PM »
anybody have any thoughts, theories or answers to why mark wahlberg and others cover their ears in the trailers. it seems like the only unanswered part of the movie. everything else everyone knows.

Unbroken

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Re: Covering the ears? noise? thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 01:44:59 PM »
It may be that the toxins make people hear things, and the characters are desperately trying to block the noise out even though it's all in their heads.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:52:34 PM »
It may be that the toxins make people hear things, and the characters are desperately trying to block the noise out even though it's all in their heads.

I think you are right.

Rohan

ypehmish

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 04:03:46 PM »
also i noticed that one of the tracks on the soundtrack is titled "Voices" near the end of it. interesting.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 04:05:05 PM »
also i noticed that one of the tracks on the soundtrack is titled "Voices" near the end of it. interesting.

When is soundtrack hitting the market?

Rohan

ypehmish

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 04:13:33 PM »
the 3rd i believe just incase anyone didnt see it here are the tracks:

1. Main Titles (2:18)
2. Evacuating Philadelphia (2:21)
3. Vice Principal (1:56)
4. Central Park (2:58)
5. We Lost Contact (:59)
6. You Can?t Just Leave Us Here (1:43)
7. Rittenhouse Square (1:59)
8. Five Miles Back (1:13)
9. Princeton (3:06)
10. Jess Comforts Elliot (2:31)
11. My Firearm Is My Friend (2:59)
12. Abandoned House (1:32)
13. Shotgun (4:27)
14. You Eyin? My Lemon Drink? (4:28)
15. Mrs. Jones (1:44)
16. Voices (1:36)
17. Be With You (3:41)
18. End Title Suite (8:36)

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 06:38:57 PM »
You know, I honestly never thought about the covering of the ears, that could be a huge clue.  Which is another reason why I'll wait to listen to the soundtrack until after I see the movie.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 08:19:26 PM »
the 3rd i believe just incase anyone didnt see it here are the tracks:

1. Main Titles (2:18)
2. Evacuating Philadelphia (2:21)
3. Vice Principal (1:56)
4. Central Park (2:58)
5. We Lost Contact (:59)
6. You Can?t Just Leave Us Here (1:43)
7. Rittenhouse Square (1:59)
8. Five Miles Back (1:13)
9. Princeton (3:06)
10. Jess Comforts Elliot (2:31)
11. My Firearm Is My Friend (2:59)
12. Abandoned House (1:32)
13. Shotgun (4:27)
14. You Eyin? My Lemon Drink? (4:28)
15. Mrs. Jones (1:44)
16. Voices (1:36)
17. Be With You (3:41)
18. End Title Suite (8:36)

Thanks.

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 12:53:14 PM »
Heres something I've thought of: (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!)

Going off of what I read in the spec script that was going around, the original idea was that the toxins made people kill themselves.  Perhaps when he went back and rewrote some parts, he changed it so that the toxin makes people hear awful noises (like Unbroken suggested).

This brings about an interesting idea.  Maybe, because the noise is so terrible, people are killing themselves to get rid of the noise.  as if it is so agonizing, they want to die.

The only reason i think this might be a plausible plot element is because of the whole bee thing in the trailer. I just think that they put that in for a reason, as well all know Night doesnt just throw things into this films.  And the whole thing going on in the world today with bees dying has been attributed to high pitch frequncies from GWEN stations (Ground Wave Emergency Networks) and the increase use of cellular phone frequencies causing them to fly away from their hives and never coming back. 

Just an thought.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 01:25:24 PM »
That's an interesting thought, I'll keep that in mind.

mamasan

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 08:32:58 PM »

Going off of what I read in the spec script that was going around, the original idea was that the toxins made people kill themselves.  Perhaps when he went back and rewrote some parts, he changed it so that the toxin makes people hear awful noises (like Unbroken suggested).

This brings about an interesting idea.  Maybe, because the noise is so terrible, people are killing themselves to get rid of the noise.  as if it is so agonizing, they want to die.

The only reason i think this might be a plausible plot element is because of the whole bee thing in the trailer. I just think that they put that in for a reason, as well all know Night doesnt just throw things into this films.  And the whole thing going on in the world today with bees dying has been attributed to high pitch frequncies from GWEN stations (Ground Wave Emergency Networks) and the increase use of cellular phone frequencies causing them to fly away from their hives and never coming back. 

Just an thought.

Oooooo. I like that idea. ... One other thing I thought of was that maybe they were just hearing awful things, like people screaming and dying, etc.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 09:10:53 PM »
Its possbile they go deaf or something.

Rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 07:43:30 AM »
Well, if they become disoreinted, it could be that their neural pathways are being disturbed, which could lead to deafness.

madcowjoe77

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 01:08:41 AM »

Just an thought.

wags,

that is a very good point.
even the picture below in your sig. if you look at the man in the middle and left.
it appears that they are jumping and not falling off that building.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 02:32:41 PM »

Just an thought.

wags,

that is a very good point.
even the picture below in your sig. if you look at the man in the middle and left.
it appears that they are jumping and not falling off that building.

Actually they are jumping they are committing suicide.

Rohan