Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Is it a scary thriller or a global-warming lesson?

Author Topic: Is it a scary thriller or a global-warming lesson?  (Read 5625 times)

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

Re: Is it a scary thriller or a global-warming lesson?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 12:53:38 PM »
not gonna lie: i had a feeling it was gonna turn out like this, even if shyamalan never intended it to be about global warming.

smart move, fox.

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »
Interesting articles, I have actually posted an special thread on this forum talking about globe and stars. The happening is going to be a lot different than Al Gore's documentary movie which was released couple of years ago. I have never seen that movie, but I know what was the movie about. Global Warming it is.

I think not only Americans, but every single human on planet should be educated perfectly about the "Global Warming" issue. As a matter of fact, the GW stands for Global Warming is getting serious and there is nothing that we can do to stop it. Look at Tsunami, EarthQuakes, Tornadoes, Floods, Hurricanes and we are just sitting and doing nothing about it.

War in the other hand is one of the important issue. Todays weapons will not only kill humans and destroy cities, but can actually destroy the planet. We are the cause of destroying the planet.

Lets get back to the "The Happening" I can for sure actually call "The Happening" a preachy movie about Global Warming, I want to watch it, even if "The Happening would be a drama only.

"The Happening" is scary because of the disturbing images and when an issue comes that disturbing can be scary in real life as well. Actually, beyond scary if something like that happens in real life in front of you in your neighborhood. I think it is really a brave of M.Night coming with an idea of nature acually turning against us.

I am so sitting in the best spot in the theatre on June 13th.

Rohan

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 02:25:41 PM »
I think the movie is just being misconstrued as a global warming movie.  I think the movie concentrates on man's abuse of the earth, but not just the whole global warming thing.  I think people are just looking for a quick-asociation.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 02:50:23 PM »
I think the movie is just being misconstrued as a global warming movie.  I think the movie concentrates on man's abuse of the earth, but not just the whole global warming thing.  I think people are just looking for a quick-asociation.

Well, it does take the point towards "Global Warming". I think I can live with that. There is nothing wrong with it. The Happening is scary, cause nature doing things to Humans.

Rohan

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 06:23:33 PM »

Well, it does take the point towards "Global Warming". I think I can live with that. There is nothing wrong with it. The Happening is scary, cause nature doing things to Humans.

Rohan

Perhaps I phrased it wrong.  What i meant to say was that it may have to do with Global Warming, but I don't think it's a central issue in the movie.  I don't they are going to harp on the subject, I just think it will play a factor in the reason why the earth is doing what it is doing. 

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 06:42:57 PM »

Rohan

Perhaps I phrased it wrong.  What i meant to say was that it may have to do with Global Warming, but I don't think it's a central issue in the movie.  I don't they are going to harp on the subject, I just think it will play a factor in the reason why the earth is doing what it is doing. 

I agree with you, now  8)

Sri HK

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 09:01:28 PM »
Any website that claims to be "documenting, exposing and neutralizing liberal media bias" is load of bull as far as i'm concerned.   :P
What you see isn't always what u get.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 09:52:01 PM »
Any website that claims to be "documenting, exposing and neutralizing liberal media bias" is load of bull as far as i'm concerned.   :P

May be there is, never looked for one based on the topic you are looking for. Why you are looking?

Rohan

Sri HK

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:03:29 PM »
I'm reacting to the "preview" from the newsbusters.  I don't think we have to be worried about a preview from a right wing fringe group.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 10:08:33 PM by Sri HK »

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 08:40:50 AM »
Wait, I'm a little confused, what's your problem Sri HK?  ???
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 09:32:20 PM »
I am confused too, actually. I didn't get it.  ???

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 09:44:11 PM »
I'm with Sri HK

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 09:55:57 PM »
I'm with Sri HK

I am still confused about the Right WING FRINGE group? lol

Rohan

Sri HK

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 11:05:06 PM »
I'm with Sri HK

Thanks Dr. Crowe.  Between....i have no other intentions than to point that we don't have to worry about an op-ed. piece coming from a website such as Newsbusters.  They aren't a credible or honest news source to say the least.