Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Is it a scary thriller or a global-warming lesson?

Author Topic: Is it a scary thriller or a global-warming lesson?  (Read 5916 times)

Wags

• The Happening

Re: Is it a scary thriller or a global-warming lesson?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 11:18:43 PM »
But despite whether or not we believe in the articles is only slightly important.  After all, we only represent a VERY small fraction of the moviegoing public.  But it is stupid, fabricated articles like these (and the one review we have that is negative) that can hurt the films buzz and PR before it comes out.

If you go to the IMDB message boards (the belly of the negative beast, if i may say so), the whole place is buzzing with negative criticisms over articles like these and that one bogus review.  And whether or not these complainst are warranted or not, if someone is just crusing around, looking at IMDB and seeing negative things like that, then that hurts the film's chances of getting people in the theatres.  And this movie can't really afford to have that.

Spike1speigal

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 01:06:08 AM »
The movie has nothing to do with global warming. It is effectivley about the plants of our planet emmiting a neuro toxin that makes humans kill themselves. Now maybe it has something to say about our effect on the environment, but no global warming. Seems in this little world weve hurt the planet so bad that it decided to hurt back. This movie will be chilling and fantastic.

Reflection

• Unbreakable

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 02:52:25 AM »
The message is probably..

Do things to your environment and be surprised that the environment does something back.

What if the environment starts it??:)

BN

• Unbreakable

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 08:13:20 AM »
But despite whether or not we believe in the articles is only slightly important.  After all, we only represent a VERY small fraction of the moviegoing public.  But it is stupid, fabricated articles like these (and the one review we have that is negative) that can hurt the films buzz and PR before it comes out.

If you go to the IMDB message boards (the belly of the negative beast, if i may say so), the whole place is buzzing with negative criticisms over articles like these and that one bogus review.  And whether or not these complainst are warranted or not, if someone is just crusing around, looking at IMDB and seeing negative things like that, then that hurts the film's chances of getting people in the theatres.  And this movie can't really afford to have that.

Wags, I agree totally with you. For this reason alone, there should have been previews for the press. The movie badly needs the critics to be on its' side.

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 09:04:02 AM »
Yes I agree with you Wags and Sri Hk, every little bit hurts.  Also, I don't think it will be about global warming, I agree with what Spike1speigal says, it's going to about the earth striking back, exactly what we've heard from the start, though now with major changes.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Reflection

• Unbreakable

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 09:36:44 PM »
It's like the human consciousness is a extension of it's environment if it clicks the right switches its nurtured if it clicks the wrong switches it's exterminated..IMhO

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2008, 08:15:32 AM »
That's wierd, I never thought about it that way, interesting point.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Reflection

• Unbreakable

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 02:27:09 AM »
You like that one huh??

That's a main part of the body of my work, personal awareness/perception/consciousness, societal a/p/c and environmental a/p/c and their interactions that help or hinder one another. I do look at them in a different way though, a kind of electro-magnetic way.

I'm pretty sure that link will be symbolized in The Happening although it will be a more "physical" type of connection, it would have to be to get people to ponder it in a way they more understand.

====

I'm doing a set of nine books on the subject!!:D
And that's just the first set!!:D:D