Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Article: reasons for no pre-viewing for critics, theories, new info...

Author Topic: Article: reasons for no pre-viewing for critics, theories, new info...  (Read 10500 times)

Kable

• Signs

This link contains some very powerfull theories. If you don?t want to know, you better read, just the first part of the article. You?ve got to warn them that this link might contain some Spoilers ypehmish.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
It's interesting that they are not screening the movie for critics.  :-X

Hawkowl

• The Sixth Sense

Most of those theories are jokes, though, so you could probably read it without being really spoiled.
It is worrisome that it hasn't been screened... :-\
-Hawkowl

BN

• Unbreakable

There can be several reasons. The most obvious one for us fans is that the critics give away way too much and the film makers really want the audience to be surprised. The second possibility is that MNS was badly burnt due to the negativity & downright viciousness in several  reviews for LITW and hence wants to avoid such a situation ruining the commercial prospects of this movie. The third, stated in the article, is that the movie sucks and Fox wants to cash in as much as it can before word gets out. I am hoping it is the first reason, ofcourse. However, if it is the third, then the internet and word of mouth will ensure a very rapid death that won't take any trees to induce.

Wags

• The Happening

Learning that the film is getting no screenings makes me very uncomfortable.  Perhaps it is that they want to keep the elements of the movie a mystery.  But given what is usually the case with movies that are sans a critic screening, I feel a little nervous about this.

Not only are they not screening it for the critics, but they also cancelled a press junket.  I'm not even 100% sure how important a press junket is, but to cancel it seems like something bad happened. But then again, do they show the movies at press junkets? If not, then maybe it is simply so no one will accidentally spill the beans. 

Who knows really? We'll find out in 17 days.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 02:16:24 PM by Wags »

SunnyD24

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
This actually has me very worried to.

If I remember correctly, Lady in the Water was not screened for critics as well, but I could be wrong.

The good news is that they still have had screening's of the movies for some people, and there have been some posotive things coming from those.

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

this is nnotttttttttttttttt good.

AT ALL.

m night does not need this movie to be a critical success.
He absoolutely NEEDS it to be a commercial success.

if its not a commercial (if it doesnt make money), his career will never be the same.

in complete objectivity.

this movie MUST MAKE MONEY for night to be back in the game. 3 for 3 flops is not good at all.

im praying its amaziing.

Sri HK

LITW was not a commercial success.  Calling The Village a flop bewilders me.

What you see isn't always what u get.

Sri HK

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
I think this article, the one the original poster linked to, is referring to a local press junket and screening in that country (Scotland?).

I doubt Night is cancelling press junkets and screenings in the US. It seems him and Wahlberg are on a tour in Europe, and they must have had to pull out of certain arrangements.

Don't get you panties into a bunch people just yet.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 08:46:05 PM by Dr Malcom Crowe »

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
What is the point of this article, I didn't get it. Is it a review or just a preview?

Rohan

Sri HK

ypehmish

• Unbreakable

• Email
nice link

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

anyone excited for the opening titles???

like "invasion of the body snatchers"??

im pretty sure he meant the 50's one and from this clip (of the titles of the 1956 "invasion)
i can be pretty safe to say the titles of the happening will be against clouds.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uKPvxBc75FQ

somewhat eerie dont you think?