Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
One Happening Night

Author Topic: One Happening Night  (Read 2195 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
One Happening Night
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:17:25 PM »
DNA, 05 May 2008

Filmmaker M Night Shyamalan talks about his stint in India, his next film The Happening and how he didn't know that bagging the Padma shrI was a big deal to Udita Jhunjhunwala Night is back in Mumbai after almost a decade to promote his next film The Happening and to receive the Padma Shri. Night's first film, Praying with Anger was set in Chennai in 1992. Every film after that has been set in his home state, Philadelphia, US. In conversation... Considering your disjointed relationship with India, how do you feel about bagging the Padma Shri? When my office first got a letter about the award, my assistant said it's an award from some organisation in India. A lot of groups from all over the world offer me awards. We usually draft a polite letter of regret. But when my relatives started calling and congratulating me and my parents got all excited, did I realise this was a big deal. I find it very touching. I take my position as an ambassador of India in the US and Europe very seriously. You are working with an Indian producer. Any plans to set a film here? Working with UTV (co-producers of The Happening) has been good. I am lucky that people are willing to finance my work. I'm coming closer to working on something in India. I might set some part of my next project Avatar?The Last Airbender here. It's a fantasy film with a lot of Hindu and Buddhist philosophy.

Source: UTV Motion Pictures

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
Re: One Happening Night
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 08:22:44 AM »
That's an interesting article, but I already knew most of that.  I like how he threw in that remark about how he politely rejects a lot of awards.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 08:13:57 PM »
That's an interesting article, but I already knew most of that.  I like how he threw in that remark about how he politely rejects a lot of awards.

Yeah, I know. How politely? lol ....

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 08:59:40 AM »
 ;D Night, "Man come on, I'm just overwhelmed with these awards.  Just tell them to step the f off."  Or "Thank you, but right now I am not interested, please come again."  ;D

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 08:31:29 PM »
;D Night, "Man come on, I'm just overwhelmed with these awards.  Just tell them to step the f off."  Or "Thank you, but right now I am not interested, please come again."  ;D

Imagine, when he wins an oscar...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 09:16:51 AM »
Haha, that's great, I would love to see that.