The Happening Score Review

Author Topic: The Happening Score Review  (Read 7238 times)

DILinator

• The Happening

Re: The Happening Score Review
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 11:58:56 AM »
See, I think it has an absolutely gorgeous tone running under the horror music.  Which in the movie will probably leave you with a sick-sad feeling, as opposed to just a sick feeling like other horror films.  You're going to be scared at the same time that you're crying at what is happening.  I think one thing that will make this horror film different from others, is that you're going to feel sad for all the people dying.

I agree that there is definitely a "heart" to this score, and an undercurrent that is very pretty as well.  However, I still would not place it above The Village, LITW, or even Signs based on that.  I think those are all stronger scores in that department.
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

SkarpoTheSorcerer

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 06:18:21 AM »
I thought the score for The Happening was wonderful, it's not JNH's best but it suits the nature of the film, it was nice.

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 10:24:53 AM »
That's what a few of us others think, me DILinator, and a couple others.  Good score, but not his best.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

wiivo

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 11:58:20 AM »
Latley it has been kinda dark and creepy outside from 5pm onwards and I cant get the chilling main titles theme out of my head. Beautifully haunting.

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 09:27:54 AM »
I love the main titles, though listening to "Voices" made me want to learn the cello.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village