Official Review Thread

Author Topic: Official Review Thread  (Read 41192 times)

Sri HK

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Re: Official Review Thread
« Reply #135 on: June 17, 2008, 11:02:54 PM »
I swear to God, if I hear one more person say "The Happening isn't happening", I'm gonna jump off my roof.  Should have stuck with "The Green Effect".
:D

Actually....the happening happened....look at the box office numbers suckers (critics).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:07:57 PM by Sri HK »
What you see isn't always what u get.

Sri HK

« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2008, 12:24:02 AM »
What you see isn't always what u get.

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2008, 02:19:47 AM »
I seriously wish that they would outlaw professional critics.  Or any person that massive amounts of people listen when making a decision on seeing a movie.  Not only because they prevent people from seeing movies they might like, but because critics opinions can have too big of an influence on the way people feel about a movie as well. 

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »
I swear to God, if I hear one more person say "The Happening isn't happening", I'm gonna jump off my roof.  Should have stuck with "The Green Effect".

Are you gonna' jump of the roof..."The Happening" style? Lol.

GenPion

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2008, 01:50:41 PM »

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »
yeah..to that guy who said that green was the color of love..I conjectured that last night on the "mood ring interpretations" thread. I agree it is very possible..but where did you learn it for sure?
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2008, 05:22:23 PM »

Are you gonna' jump of the roof..."The Happening" style? Lol.

Not exatly: I wouldn't go palcidly. Right before I crash through my deck, I would curse the name of the person who said it.

ajufe

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #142 on: June 21, 2008, 09:19:04 PM »
Hi!
This weekend The Happenig opens in Argentina, where I live. I saw it today with my girlfriend and we loved it.
The film had more good reviews here than in the US! Of the three more important newspapers of Argentina:
CLARIN said Good :)
AMBITO FINANCIERO said Very Good :)
LA NACION said Regular :-\

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2008, 11:37:33 AM »
I seriously wish that they would outlaw professional critics.  Or any person that massive amounts of people listen when making a decision on seeing a movie.  Not only because they prevent people from seeing movies they might like, but because critics opinions can have too big of an influence on the way people feel about a movie as well. 

I know how you feel man, and I agree with you!
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2008, 10:41:48 PM »
Is there any TV SPOT for "The Happening' after its release. They never showed it again once it released.

Rohan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2008, 10:43:16 PM »
Yeah, I saw a couple TV Spots. One advertised quotes from Roger Ebert, The New York Times and The San Francisco Chronicle reviews.  ;D

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2008, 08:51:56 PM »
Yeah, I saw a couple TV Spots. One advertised quotes from Roger Ebert, The New York Times and The San Francisco Chronicle reviews.  ;D

Really?... I never saw one. Anyone have it online?

Rohan

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2008, 01:55:24 PM »
For the record, I disagree with everyone who thinks that someone has less "credibility" for only having a different opinion than you about a movie.  Credibility? lol.  Because they like or dislike certain movies?  They are credible because they like the movies I like?  Or they aren't credible if they like a movie I don't?  What?  Perhaps it's semantics and I just think the use of the word credibility doesn't work here.

Rohan, if that person had given the exact same details about the movie in their review, but said the movie was amazing, how would you have reacted?  Would you have spent all that time and effort?   

DILinator, you contradict yourself a bit in your post as you suggest someone's credibility shouldn't be judged on their disliking of a movie, and then you say that you "would put less stock in people's credibility who liked" that same movie.  You are saying the same thing as you are making a point against.

Personally, as an example of how I would consider someone may be lacking credibility would be if, say, someone were to see a movie and not like it all, hate it even, then try to stop people from seeing it for themselves...that would make me lose most all credibility in their discussions on anything art related.  Point being, what if that movie ended up changing the other persons life or becoming their favorite movie of all time?  And they didn't see it because you stopped them from seeing it.  Anyways, I don't see how the idea of credibility is even seriously applied if we are merely talking about someones opinion.  I think it's funny how egocentric peoples thoughts can become when it involves their own personal reaction to a movie.  I include myself in that group.  I have just been involved in too many situations where multiple people have had profoundly different experiences and feelings after watching the same movie, and then have those same people feel exactly the same way about other movies.

Nope. I don't like any INDIANA JONES movies, but I know they are made very well. I don't like "Batman movies" but they are all made very well.

That review was stupid.

ZEDTMBI

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2008, 03:16:24 AM »
I've have seen all of M Night's films, and have loved just about all of them, and defended them to the end when my friends have put Nights obvious talent down. However, even as big of a fan I am I could not bring my self to say anything good about "The Happening". It was terrible! Mark Walberg and Zooey(Whats her name)'s performance in this film was incredibly One-dimensional! Even though these two actors are not the brightest stars in hollywood, the writing was ridiculous and completely out of character for M Night. His best accomplishment in my opinion was "signs", and this movie was probably done in its vein( with the personal focus on a family, which is different from your topical disaster movie) but this group of people are bluntly put, Stupid! the girl Zooey is just that, a little girl through most of the film, her fear was not at all apparent,neither was her emotion! Walberg is not much better either his emotional attachment to his character was not even close to any of the leading men before him, given way more difficult characters to play then a high school BIO teacher. The best acting in the film comes from John Leguizamo, who is sadly only a supporting actor, and only around for a short time. Now don't get me wrong, I would never, ever! discount the talent of M Night he is obviously one of the most visionary directors of our time, but what is with the cheap tricks in the movie trailers? He has had a tendency to show and give a vibe for a movie but not actually deliver with the end product. When I went and saw this film I felt raped after the credits started rolling. really I did! I really think he is forcably pulling his audience in with false ideas. His movies are beautiful masterpieces already, and the fans that know that will come and see his films regardless, furthermore this films premise was one of the most original I have seen in a long time, and it really disappoints me to know how great it could have been....gezzzz...well I guess all I can say is o well better luck next time, because as much as this movie has hurt my idea of the kind of game M Night plays, I have already fallen in love with the lovable Indian, and even if he never makes another great movie, he will always be my favorite director for his past works.
"Me...I'm a miracle man"