Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
More articles...

Author Topic: More articles...  (Read 2618 times)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Re: More articles...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:57:39 PM »
The Guardian article is absolute rubbish. Is that person really trying to be a writer? I suggest he finds a new career. Pathetic.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »
The Guardian article sucked big time. The guy needs a different job. And the article from firstshowing.net, stating "The Happening" might fail cause of "The Hulk" what if Hulk fails and The Happening becomes a hit? How is that sound, guys?  :D

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 09:23:48 AM »
The Guardian article sucked big time. The guy needs a different job. And the article from firstshowing.net, stating "The Happening" might fail cause of "The Hulk" what if Hulk fails and The Happening becomes a hit? How is that sound, guys?  :D

I think long term it could happen.  Opening weekend is possible, but I bet Hulk pulls it out.  However, I think The Happening will do better than people think opening weekend, and will have better staying power as the comedies and kid movies roll in over the following weeks.  If the word of mouth on The Happening is good, people who aren't into those lighter movies will head out in the following weeks to see it while everybody else (including those who are the target audience for The Incredible Hulk) is seeing Get Smart, The Love Guru, and Wall-E.
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 09:53:23 AM »
The more I see stuff for The Hulk, the more I think its going to be kind of lame.  Dont get me wrong, I am sure it will surpass the last stupid one, but I think The Happening might pull it out.   :)
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 10:13:50 AM »
The problem with Hulk is that the character by nature lends itself to be a big hulking CGI beast, which doesn't look alltogether realistic.  In a comic book, the Hulk looks in place with the rest of the artwork.  But when brought to the big screen, it's hard not to have it look fake, and out of place with the rest of the real characters.  That was a big problem with the first Hulk (among many), and I can't help but feel like that again while watching previews for this one.  Maybe this is one comic book superhero that just wasn't meant to be on the big screen, in spite of how it seems like a great fit in theory. 
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 01:01:17 PM »
The problem with Hulk is that the character by nature lends itself to be a big hulking CGI beast, which doesn't look alltogether realistic.  In a comic book, the Hulk looks in place with the rest of the artwork.  But when brought to the big screen, it's hard not to have it look fake, and out of place with the rest of the real characters.  That was a big problem with the first Hulk (among many), and I can't help but feel like that again while watching previews for this one.  Maybe this is one comic book superhero that just wasn't meant to be on the big screen, in spite of how it seems like a great fit in theory. 

Good point there!  The acting in the trailer doesnt look that great either.  Edward Norton is a good actor, but he just looks *blah* in this role.  And have you seen the poster?  Looks like crap.  Norton with his hands in his pocket and the big green beast behind him facing the oppisite direction.  Just an all around boring poster.
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 09:35:07 AM »
Interesting points about the Incredible Hulk, but I think it will be good.  I like your signature Lifeordeath1, that's a great quote, that's one of my fears too.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 03:36:54 PM »
Interesting points about the Incredible Hulk, but I think it will be good.  I like your signature Lifeordeath1, that's a great quote, that's one of my fears too.

Hey thanks Mr. Glass!  I have that quote posted on my wall!  I love that quote!

Well, I just got advanced tickets to see the Hulk.  I was hoping they were going to be giving out The Happening tickets, but... yeah.  Oh well, I figured it would be the Hulk anyway.  So, at least Im not going to be paying $9 to see it. 
      M. Night Shyamalan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 03:13:52 PM »