Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Midnight Show

Author Topic: Midnight Show  (Read 6527 times)

Miles

• The Sixth Sense

Midnight Show
« on: June 07, 2008, 05:46:22 PM »
Theres no midnight show listed yet on fandango in my area at least. but there is for the hulk. anybody have one around where thye live?

They had them for movies like The strangers, sex in the city, kung fu panda and dont mess with the zohan, so why not the happening I say.

I hope they have one.

San Jose Shark

• The Sixth Sense

• SJSharks.com
Re: Midnight Show
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 07:10:58 PM »
  So far the theater close to me where i see all of my movies doesn't even have it listed as playing there this friday. So far it just shows the hulk but i'm hoping and praying it will be playing there, i don't see why it wouldn't be since i have seen all of his other films at that place.
GO SHARKS!

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 08:45:11 PM »
My local theater did, and then just the other day they pulled it.  I called them and the lady didn't have any further information.  My guess is that they didn't have enough interest in it to warrant the midnight showing. Too bad....  :( 
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

okman4ever

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 05:20:28 PM »
My local theater has 12:01am showing of Hulk, but not the Happening.  I was hoping for a midnight showing, because my finals end on Wed., I was planning on getting my big group of friends to go see the midnight show!!

Hopefully there will be a showing somewhere in Sacramento.

San Jose Shark

• The Sixth Sense

• SJSharks.com
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 06:11:42 PM »
   It's all about The Hulk this friday cause the theater i always go to is not showing it. This is the first time they have not shown a Shyamalan film and i'm pissed off. Looks like i will be going to redwood city since that's the closest it is playing to me but there is no online ticketing for that theater so that's another thing that sucks.
GO SHARKS!

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »
That stinks, too bad.  I still haven't checked the local listings to see about my theater, but it's in Potomac Mills Mall, so there's a good chance they will have one.  The thing is that The Happening is R while the Incredible Hulk is PG-13, that means you could get a lot more younger kids to a midnight showing because they can go.  An R rating is more restrictive to a lot of people who work and do other things.  So that might be one problem.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Miles

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 09:59:54 AM »
I was thinking the R rating might make them hesitant. But then The Strangers had one at my local theater so I dont know why they wouldnt for the happening. I thought of a couple scenarios.

1. The studio asked them not to have it so nothing leaks. But its only hours before it would be released anyways so I cant see them being that weird about it.

2. They might not have delivered the reels yet, so theater companies might not know what to expect.

I think theater companies understand the hype around The Happening, so Im not sure why they wouldnt have a midnight show. I hope they do but if not, I guess I just ont sleep thrusday night and Ill be there at about 1030 for the first show  ;)

San Jose Shark

• The Sixth Sense

• SJSharks.com
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 04:42:56 PM »
 I called my theater and they confirmed they won't be showing it. But they will have the hulk!so that just makes everything all better.
GO SHARKS!

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 11:04:40 PM »
Yeah, St. Louis doesnt have a midnight showing either!  WHAT THE HECK!  GOSH!

Oh, and by the way, I just saw The Incredible Hulk tonight.  I had advanced tickets.  I was very, very, skepticle since the last one really blew chunks!  Lets just say... The Happening has really, really, really, tough competion.  The Hulk was a very good, complete film... esp with the ending ( I wont give the surprise away.) 

So yeah, I totally recomend The Hulk, but go see The Happening first... make that twice, before you see The Hulk.  I have no doubts that it will do very good.  My cry is still for The Happening to come away victorious!   ;D 
But as M. Night said in one of his interviews... It doesnt really matter, if The Hulk is a good movie, if it is, great, good for them, I am just keep on keeping on.  GO THE HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D :) ;D :D :) :D 8) 
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 11:14:34 PM »
Why are you trying to get me all nervous....  :-X

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 09:39:46 AM »
Even though the film may be good, don't go see it Opening Weekend if you really want to support The Happening.  Just wait a weekend, it'll still be there!   
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 09:59:24 AM »
I'm might go see The Happening, and then just walk over to another screen and watch The Incredible Hulk.  Lifeordeath1, I think I know what's in the ending of The Incredible Hulk, but then again, I read comics and pay attention to the movies.  There still isn't anything up on websites or in the newspaper about showing, any at all, for The Happening.  And the theater here is big.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 11:20:14 AM »
Sorry Dr. Crow!   :) 

Mr. Glass, Yeah, it was a cool ending!  Its one of those endings that should be after the credits, but it wasnt.  I think they wanted everyone to see it.
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 12:54:02 PM »
Same thing in L.A.  They pulled all the midnight showings it looked like.  I am surprised that they aren't even doing a midnight showing at the Arclight.  Bummer.

San Jose Shark

• The Sixth Sense

• SJSharks.com
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 01:18:15 PM »
 So happy! the theater close to me is now showing The Happening.....so there is some justice in the world.
GO SHARKS!