Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Midnight Show

Author Topic: Midnight Show  (Read 6803 times)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Re: Midnight Show
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 01:41:22 PM »
Awesome SJS, I think it was probably just that the theaters hadn't figured out exact showtimes yet so things were blank or unlisted.

San Jose Shark

• The Sixth Sense

• SJSharks.com
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 05:40:26 PM »
Amen to that my fellow Shyamalaniac. ;D
GO SHARKS!

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 09:53:55 AM »
Yep, I just checked movietickets.com and they had the times up for the theater near me, they have about 12 showings or so on the first day.  The first showing is at 10:50 in the morning.  That night, though, there is a midnight showing, it just won't be the first one.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 07:50:21 PM »
I'll be at the first showing in my city, 10:25 in the morning Friday!  w00t!  :)
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 09:15:36 PM »
I'm going to see it at 7:35 at my theater. I want to see it with a theater when it'll be at its most full.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 09:35:23 AM »
Yea, I'll be going anywhere between 8 and 10 at night.  That way some other people I know can go see it, and won't have to take off work.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 01:36:37 PM »
Heck Yeah!  Full theaters rock!   ::)
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 01:48:27 PM »
Full theaters only rock when people are enjoying the movie.  The worst is when you know a bunch of people, especially the ones you are seeing it with, aren't enjoying the movie while you are loving the movie.  I get stressed out when that happens.  I would rather be in the theater by myself and not have to deal with that.  Also you don't have to deal with people talking or being on the phone.  Dude, this guy answered and talked on his phone 3 times last night.  What is wrong with people.

So I guess there are only a few midnight showings around the country then?  Lame. 

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 02:47:56 PM »
Honestly, I've been to plenty of sold out movies, and while there's a cool vibe when that's the case, there's also a lot of other annoying crap.  I look forward to my first showing of the day tomorrow, when there will likely only be a few others in the theater.  Not only will I not have to sit next to somebody obnoxious, there probably won't be a bunch of intrusive clowns either.  Another plus is that I can better guage the crowd's reaction to the film, which should be especially interesting to note after this film.  I hope it's better than the tepid (to put it mildly) reaction to No Country for Old Men in the theater afterwards.  :o
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Miles

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 03:10:09 PM »
I agree that full theaters can be annoying, which is why I plan on seeing it tomorrow at 1025 am. But then again at 750 pm when its sure to be sold out. That way the first time i see it i dont get annoyed and bothered but then later I can gauge how the general public reacts to the film.

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 03:18:40 PM »
I agree that full theaters can be annoying, which is why I plan on seeing it tomorrow at 1025 am. But then again at 750 pm when its sure to be sold out. That way the first time i see it i dont get annoyed and bothered but then later I can gauge how the general public reacts to the film.

You don't live in Lansing Michigan by any chance do you?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 03:22:06 PM by DILinator »

I'm a "Signs" person.

Miles

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 03:23:33 PM »
haha nope, I live in Delaware. I thought the same thing when I saw 1025 lol

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 07:52:25 PM »
haha nope, I live in Delaware. I thought the same thing when I saw 1025 lol

Too bad!  It would have been cool to meet you at the theater!  Enjoy the movie!

I'm a "Signs" person.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 10:20:42 AM »
What's it like living in Delaware, I mean it's such a small state.  That's a good idea about seeing one showing early, just by yourself, and then another showing to gauge the audience.