Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Fox has no fear of Friday the 13th

Author Topic: Fox has no fear of Friday the 13th  (Read 6402 times)

Lifeordeath1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: Fox has no fear of Friday the 13th
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 11:15:36 AM »
True.  Very True.  The Happening Trailer was on Iron Man and Indiana Jones!  Good Marketing!  So hopefully things turn out well!  Was the Hulk marketed very much.... I cant really recall?

And I do agree with the Hulk having a crappy trailer, maybe people will remember what the last one was like and say "NO WAY!  Not again.  Lets go see M. Nights new one!"

But I agree with Rohan there, I want both to good as well.   :)
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

BN

• Unbreakable

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 12:09:07 PM »
The name is powerful and has more impact now than STEVEN SPEILBERG. I am talking only about the TEXT : M.Night Shyamalan. T

Rohan

You surely aren't serious, are you ?  Like it or not, MNS's name is likely borderline liability right now. Spielberg's on the other hand is quite the opposite. Movies such as Munich got awareness purely based on Spielberg's name being attached to it - not Eric Bana or Daniel Craig.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 12:20:08 PM »
I agree with BN. Shyamalan's name isn't more powerful than Spielberg's - probably not even close at the moment.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 03:28:12 PM »
Agreed.
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 03:38:02 PM »
The name is powerful and has more impact now than STEVEN SPEILBERG. I am talking only about the TEXT : M.Night Shyamalan. T

Rohan

You surely aren't serious, are you ?  Like it or not, MNS's name is likely borderline liability right now. Spielberg's on the other hand is quite the opposite. Movies such as Munich got awareness purely based on Spielberg's name being attached to it - not Eric Bana or Daniel Craig.

I know what you mean. Steven is a legend and everyone loves his movies and also lot of people can't stand his movies. Like myself, I can't stand INDIANA JONES, never seen it or probably will never see it.

They didn't had to put ERIC BANA's name on the poster for MUNICH, they also didn't had Steven 's name written on the poster like they do Shyamalan's, but we knew MUNICH was directed by him and its one of the best films from his camp.

Rohan

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 03:44:54 PM »
I agree with BN. Shyamalan's name isn't more powerful than Spielberg's - probably not even close at the moment.

I am not saying Shyamalan's name or work is powerful. They totally have the different taste when it comes to writing and directing. When the text appears on the screen, I am sure lot of people get excited for M.Night, I have seen it in person, when LADY poster was in the theatre, bunch of people were looking at the poster and talking about it. ONE GUY WAS LIKE, TO HIS FRIEND, HIS NEXT ONE IS COMING OUT... and there isn't one guy like him.

If M.Night's name wouldn't be powerful, FOX would never ever use it on the posters for THE HAPPENING, even his last film didn't do well.

Rohan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 03:47:38 PM »
try not to make quick double posts Rohan - instead, go in and 'modify' your previous post.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 03:51:38 PM »
You mean, not quoting them?

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »
Nah, I just mean that you made one post in this thread and then another post 6 mins later even though nobody made a reply. When you are dealing with a short time span like that, we'd prefer if you just add on to your previous post instead of making another post in reply.

:)

BN

• Unbreakable

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 04:46:38 PM »

I am not saying Shyamalan's name or work is powerful. They totally have the different taste when it comes to writing and directing. When the text appears on the screen, I am sure lot of people get excited for M.Night, I have seen it in person, when LADY poster was in the theatre, bunch of people were looking at the poster and talking about it. ONE GUY WAS LIKE, TO HIS FRIEND, HIS NEXT ONE IS COMING OUT... and there isn't one guy like him.

If M.Night's name wouldn't be powerful, FOX would never ever use it on the posters for THE HAPPENING, even his last film didn't do well.

Rohan

That is not what you said, Rohan. Your words were "The name is powerful and has more impact now than STEVEN SPEILBERG." And that is no where even close to being true. Perhaps similar to Steve Soderbergh or David Cronenberg but not Spielberg. (Why did I think only of all the 'bergs' ?)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 04:59:50 PM »
(Why did I think only of all the 'bergs' ?)

lol.

I would probably agree with your statements.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 07:23:39 PM »

Rohan

That is not what you said, Rohan. Your words were "The name is powerful and has more impact now than STEVEN SPEILBERG." And that is no where even close to being true. Perhaps similar to Steve Soderbergh or David Cronenberg but not Spielberg. (Why did I think only of all the 'bergs' ?)

Yes, I am still saying it  ;) because I meant, the word tex that appears on the posters in that matter M.Night's name is powerful. Look at todays posters for "The Happening", M.Night Shyamalan is all over them. FOX is doing pretty good job and they are not stupid. They have M.Night's name cause it can sell tickets.

Rohan

Psychilles

• Signs

• Flickr
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 02:36:48 AM »
In Belgium it just premiers on wednesday.. and in the netherlands on thursday, no 13th premier over here..

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2008, 10:11:07 AM »
I think Night still carries word of mouth talk, but his work needs advertising.  People will talk about him but won't go see his movies if they don't know anything about them.  With Spielberg they will, even if they don't know what the movie is about.  Yesterday at work I mentioned how Friday I was going to see The Happening by Night, and this guy I was talking with was like. "Hey, didn't he do Lady In The Water, I loved that movie."  I was like, yes, you're my favorite person at work now.  We talked about Night for about 20 minutes, and at the end I asked if he wanted to come see The Happening with me and some friends and he said he would if it worked out.  Which is really cool.  Sorry if this seems like a random post.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 09:27:01 PM »
Great, Mr.Glass. I have decided not to watch the movie at all.
Just playing ahahahha ;D

Waiting for it forever...