Night's approach to graphic movies

Author Topic: Night's approach to graphic movies  (Read 7183 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: Night's approach to graphic movies
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 03:56:13 PM »
Shyamalan is the master of character.  His characters seem so real, because you meet people like that.  May I ask why you're a vegetarian?
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

mamasan

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2008, 06:48:58 PM »
Shyamalan is the master of character.  His characters seem so real, because you meet people like that.  May I ask why you're a vegetarian?

Well, it's not as much a virtuous "I-love-animals' thing as it is a 'When-my-daughter-was-two-years-old-numerous-kid-friendly-fast-food-places-started-serving-e-coli-burgers' thing. Also, I lived in England during the mad cow scare--before it surfaced, and we were all merrily eating our burgers. Now, none of us can ever give blood in the U.S., and we'll never know if we ate the 'mad' beef. I've stopped trusting the quality of food available in the marketplace, I guess. So cutting out meat is the best I can do. Everything else I clean as well as I can. (Ironic that tomatoes are the suspected salmonella source now, I know!) I'm sort of an animal rights person, but not nutso, you know. Mostly, it's that I think animals should be treated with more care and respect, even if we're gonna serve 'em up on a plate with mint jelly!  :D  ;D (P.S. Everyone else in my family is a carnivore.)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 06:51:15 PM by mamasan »

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 10:26:49 AM »
That's cool, and definately makes sense.  I respect what you're saying and completely understand.  Over here in the U.S. there were people who refused to eat meat when the mad cow disease surfaced.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village