first impressions...

Author Topic: first impressions...  (Read 18654 times)

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
Re: first impressions...
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2008, 01:46:47 PM »
I liked the concept of the movie, it just didn't have that threatening link, something tangible that I can grab onto.  Let me explain what I mean by this, In the Sixth Sense it was all the ghost, in Unbreakable it was Mr. Glass, in Signs it was seeing the aiens, in Lady in the water it was those wolf like animals, (the name slips right now.)  In the Village it was the creatures "we don't speak of."  They were all something I could grab onto, In the Happening, just seeing people kill themselves caused by the wind blowing toxins that came from the plants was not enough for me.  Maybe if, through CGI, he could have went inside the plants or shrubs and you saw the atoms and molecules merge together and spray a light mist into the air with the wind blowing and making contact with the people, not all the time, but atleast on some of the more grusome suicides, that would have made it better for me.  Another thing that I think would have made the movie a little better is if M. Night to would have shown, almost in documentry form, how we are tearing this world apart.  That would have sinched it for me.   
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 01:51:08 PM by Prince111 »