A Wisper in the Noise.

Author Topic: A Wisper in the Noise.  (Read 1700 times)

Lifeordeath1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
A Wisper in the Noise.
« on: June 12, 2008, 11:32:46 PM »
Didnt see this posted anywhere else, so I thought I would make a new post.
Just finished watching LITW and am ready for The Happening!

One thing that threw me for a loop though is the song "The Times They Are a-Changin'" by a Wisper in the Noise at the end of LITW during the credits.  If you have the soundtrack you can listen to it.  There are very, very faint "whispers" of voices, it sounds like newscasters talking about.... something.  Or poss. a weather man? 

I found this very intersting.  I couldnt really make it out, and I didnt want to blow my eardrumbs out, but I thought it might have to do with something along the lines of someone killing Vick.  Poss???

It starts 3 min and 50 seconds into the song and goes almost to the end.  At 4:49-4:50 it is really clear, but hard to hear volume wise.  From 5:05-5:15 it gets clear again.

But here is the kicker.  At exactly 5:53, almost the very end, I think I can hear M. Night's voice!  Seriously.  Check it out for yourself, I am almost positive.  Its not clear of what is said since it is cut-off, but there is certainly something there.  Can anyone elaborate on this for me?  Maybe Dr. Crow, or anyone who knows anything about the band, or has listened to the soundtrack insanely a lot!?!?!
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
Re: A Wisper in the Noise.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 10:27:03 AM »
I'm going to listen to it right now and will try and figure out what's going on.  Thanks for the heads up, I've heard it before but never thought about turning the volume up.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 09:54:53 PM »
Yeah Mr. Glass, give me your opinion on it!  :)
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 11:53:46 PM »
You can definitley hear SOMETHING in this version..i couldnt make it out though: http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=gGL2VBKbC1s
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.