The Happening made estimate 12 million friday

Author Topic: The Happening made estimate 12 million friday  (Read 4801 times)

BN

• Unbreakable

Re: The Happening made estimate 12 million friday
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 06:46:59 PM »
Confirmed - a solid $30.5 million domestically and $62 million worldwide.
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117987500.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

I think Fox studios should also be commended for their performance. Their changes to the script, their agreement with going with the R rating, refusing to budge from the release date despite a sneaky change by Hulk and the strong agressive marketing all worked. I admit I was skeptical but have new respect for Fox as well as for MNS. This should shut the internet loud mouths which includes the numerous critics who took the attack to a personal level with MNS. Shame on all of them and it shows the general movie going public doesn't care what a hand full of internet-savvy tough guys say about MNS or the movie. (I am one also so the joke is partly on me too).

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 08:11:26 PM »
I think it's great.  And it will only get better.  Well done Night.  Also, he has a 25% share in the rest of the movie, now that Fox and UTV have gotten their money back.  Maybe he'll be able to eventually finance his own films.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 08:59:01 PM »
oooh that's great news! thanks for posting :)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 09:08:52 PM »
Well, Fox and UTV hasn't gotten their money back just yet - but it will happen  ;)

BN

• Unbreakable

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 10:21:16 PM »
Well, Fox and UTV hasn't gotten their money back just yet - but it will happen  ;)

Well an article said they have collected more than their production budget. Ofcourse that does not mean profits but as the start has exceeded even Fox's expectations, your statement is true. Given that the target demographic has no competition next weekend for this kind of a movie, I am strangely optimistic that it may not sink too fast.