lame movie. bad camera.

Author Topic: lame movie. bad camera.  (Read 2740 times)

gooser47

• Praying with Anger

• Email
lame movie. bad camera.
« on: June 14, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »
first off movie wasnt that great. also when we were watching the movie there was a stupid microphone hanging above the acters heads when they were talking, the whole movie theater was cracking up because it was so stupid.  it was like the movie larry the cable guy. make sure ya dont see this movie!!!

okokokok

• LITW

Re: lame movie. bad camera.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 03:38:31 PM »
What's weird about this is the boom mic that you brought up.  I found out when I saw The Village that a lot of film prints come with  extra information on the tops and bottoms of the frame, as one of the viewings I saw didn't crop it correctly and you could see the boom mic is some shots.  They make the prints that way.  It is actually the job of the projectionist to apply the correct aspect ratio lens, as well to apply the appropriate matte frame to crop out the extra information, like a boom mic at the top of the frame.  What's funny is this has happened with 3 movies that I have seen in my life, and 2 of them were M Night movies.  I had to go tell someone to fix it when I saw The Happening because the film was projecting partially on the floor and the ceiling.

Lifeordeath1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 11:30:40 PM »
I seriously dont like people who canr run a projector!  It drives me crazy!  One time I went to a film, the screen was all squished!  Ridicoulous!  Another, Indians jones, the lights came on during the film!  STUPID!
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 01:22:05 PM »
There are scads of threads over at the IMDB about this (and I haven't read any of them!), but I think it's ridiculous.  Every time a Shyamalan comes out, the haters start ranting about a boom mic in the shots.  However, I have NEVER seen a boom mic in a shot, and in fact, have never seen one in any movie people claim they are present.  I'm beginning to think that these people are either lying because they hate the film, or the projectionist hates the film and intentionally screws it up.  Because I have yet to see any proof these boom mic shots even exist outside of haters' imaginations....
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 01:24:57 PM »
But I have seen them, and on one of my favorite movies of all time, The Village.  It does actually happen.

mamasan

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 05:37:51 PM »
There are scads of threads over at the IMDB about this (and I haven't read any of them!), but I think it's ridiculous.  Every time a Shyamalan comes out, the haters start ranting about a boom mic in the shots.  However, I have NEVER seen a boom mic in a shot, and in fact, have never seen one in any movie people claim they are present.  I'm beginning to think that these people are either lying because they hate the film, or the projectionist hates the film and intentionally screws it up.  Because I have yet to see any proof these boom mic shots even exist outside of haters' imaginations....

I've never seen one either. I don't know if that means I'm unobservant or that the mics really aren't visible.

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 06:01:15 PM »
It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.  I have talk to 2 projectionists who say that when it does happen it often times happens on the first showing of a brand new film as sometimes they forget to switch the lens adapter and/or matte frame from whatever specs the film before it had.  And sometimes they have to fine tune it to mask it just right.

San Jose Shark

• The Sixth Sense

• SJSharks.com
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 09:32:39 PM »
Saw the boom probably 7 or 8 times today. Also saw it with The Village but not as many times as The Happening
GO SHARKS!