A message from GOD

Author Topic: A message from GOD  (Read 11281 times)

Butterfly

• Praying with Anger

• Email
A message from GOD
« on: June 15, 2008, 02:34:11 PM »
I think you all fail to see and appreciate the true beauty and importance of M. Night's films.

Nature/Plants = GOD

Do you remember when the attack in the film started....?

Well, it was 8:32.

Do you remember when it ended?

It was 9:27.

Google "8:32" or "9:27" and your top hit is a reference from the bible.

A message from GOD. Delivered from the profet M. Night Shyamalan.

Specter

• Administrator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• NarniaFans
Re: A message from GOD
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 02:49:08 PM »
That's really interesting stuff.  Worth pondering for a while.

What would the particular verses mean, when applied to those parts of the movie.

These are the two verses that came up at the top, for me.  But others may find different ones.

John 8:32 (New International Version)
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Hebrews 9:27 (New International Version)
"Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,"
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 02:51:11 PM by Specter »

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 02:53:59 PM »
Welcome aboard butterfly.  That's interesting, though I'm not exactly sure what you mean by plants/nature equaling God.  What exactly do you mean by Shyamalan is a prophet, what's the message he is delivering. 
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

DANtheFREAK

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 02:56:01 PM »
i was wondering if anyone was going to post something along this line of though. i believe people are missing the whole point of this movie just straight out saying what a violent world we live in and how there will be consequences for our actions (maybe not from "monster plants" as one post states) but in one form or another. You just need to look closely at what Night was getting at, like did anyone else notice what video games were under the television near the end, i found that interesting.

What he means by plants/nature= God is that God is creator of ALL life.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 02:58:41 PM »
Yes, I agree completely with your post.  THis world is horrible and violent, but there is hope.  What video games were under the television?  I didn't see them.  I also agree that God is the creator of ALL life and that there are consequences for our actions, maybe not now, but eventually.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

DANtheFREAK

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 03:01:06 PM »
There was 3 games the top one i could not make out but the other 2 were Grand Theft Auto games (i was looking around the theatre wondering if anyone else had noticed this haha)

Butterfly

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 03:23:23 PM »
I belive the 8:32 and 9:27 is to guide us to two specific places in the bible, and you need to read a couple of versus before and after to see the fully see the whole meaning of the message:

When you expand and read the whole thing for 8:32, the 8:31 and 8:32 gives the context:

31To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

That is: Follow the teaching of Christianity, and everything is ok.

As for 9:27, the 9:27 and 9:28 gives the context:

27Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

That is: We will face judgement, but Jesus will bring salvation a second time. This might be a parallell to the fact that the attack stops in the film. Because of a second salvation.

The interesting question is? Have we now had the second salvation in real life? And do we get a third?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 03:28:35 PM by Butterfly »

DANtheFREAK

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 03:50:22 PM »
Which books were these versus found in? throughout the entire movie i thought it seemed quite biblical(apart from the suicide), im glad im not the only one who observed this.

Butterfly

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 04:00:32 PM »
They're straight from the Bible!

The first verse is from John and the second from Hebrews...

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 04:47:54 PM »
I asked this in another thread, but does anyone know for certain what time the title card said when they met in the field at the end, and when the newscast said the "happening" ended?

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 06:50:29 PM »
Ok.  Let's not get carried away here.  Does anyone even know what faith Night practices?  From all natural assumptions he would be Hindu - making this very statement ridiculous.

DANtheFREAK

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 07:42:28 PM »
ahh that is where you are wrong sir, because there is only one God it does not matter what religion he practices because God will find a way to do His work through whom ever he wants. not to mention you saw the movie yourself and you cant deny that there are some biblical aspects to it whether or not he is christian hindu buddhist whatever

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 08:59:31 PM »
Why would it matter what faith he is?  I am not a religious person and I don't believe in the bible per se, but I think there are some very valuable lessons and ideas in the there.  I mean, if it's in the story that the happening starts and stops at a certain time, then why not give some sort of meaning to those times, rather than just making up some random number.  That's how I see it anyway.  Mostly, I just think it is very far from a ridiculous idea.

Specter

• Administrator

• NarniaFans
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 09:30:43 PM »
So far, this discussion is turning out pretty good.  Let's not let it become a religious debate.

What we know of Night is that he is from India, and went to a Roman Catholic private school.  But that's all that we know.

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 09:54:44 PM »
So far, this discussion is turning out pretty good.  Let's not let it become a religious debate.

What we know of Night is that he is from India, and went to a Roman Catholic private school.  But that's all that we know.

I did not intend to even hint at a religious debate with this discussion.  My intent was that it seems like a stretch to assume the time corresponds with a specific bible verse.  That's all.  I think what Night intended was also stated in the end by the guy on t.v.  We can't explain nature.  But, who knows..i could be wrong.