A message from GOD

Author Topic: A message from GOD  (Read 11732 times)

Sri HK

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Re: A message from GOD
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 10:24:54 PM »
It?s just the oposite in my opinion. Sorry to desagree.

The happening is the first of his movies not bringing a religious theme. This movie is more a statment. Killing the nature is the same of comiting suicide. Thats what he?s showing us.

I agree.
What you see isn't always what u get.

Reflection

• Unbreakable

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 12:26:02 AM »
Courier..

But, how could the wind be linked to something "spiritual" do you ask...

Let's see...

?The term "Spirit" translates the Hebrew word ruah, which, in its primary sense, means breath, air, wind. Jesus indeed uses the sensory image of the wind to suggest to Nicodemus the transcendent newness of him who is personally God's breath, the divine Spirit." (Jn 3:5-8.)?
[...]
The phrase "spirit of God" is reasonably rendered "Breath of God" or "Wind of God."
http://www.adishakti.org/_/term_spirit_translates_the_hebrew.htm

According to Hinduism there are seven major energy centers working through the body. They are called chakras. Green is the color associated with the central chakra, the heart chakra, chakra of love...

====

Excellent post, indeed the body does create a wind of it's own, the breath of life, just as the environmental wind breathes life into the our world.

What about in Japan and The Divine Wind there are so many different spiritual aspects to that part of the heavenly breezes.

And I won't even get started with Vayu, I could ramble for days. (but I won't)

I do pretty good with muh chakras, all but the solar-plexes, (swallowed a pineapple syndrome as I call it), "breath of fire" is a Godsend for that one.

srkbeno.1

• Wide Awake

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 04:47:47 AM »
After seeing the film just once. i dont believe there were any brilliant hidden messages as there were in his last couple movies.. but i never watch his movies just once. so lets see after my second viewing

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 12:52:49 PM »
i dont believe there were any brilliant hidden messages as there were in his last couple movies.

What were the "hidden" messages in his last few films?  I think I know the messages and themes of the films, but I am wondering what the hidden ones are.

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 01:10:24 PM »
This is a very interesting thread, and original post from the OP! 

While I don't exactly agree with everything in the OP, I do think he's hit on something, and I definitely believe there seem to be some spiritual (not as in Christian/Non-Christian) undertones to this movie.

It really is a brilliant film depth-wise, once you get past the B-Movie/gore emphasis that sits front and center.   
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Zozaya

• Signs

• Personal Text
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing?
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 09:50:39 PM »
Hey, i don't mean to screw this whole conversation up but the time in which the event starts isn't 8:32, it's 8:33

Sorry... :-\
Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing?

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2008, 02:32:16 PM »
I think for The Village one of the themes was original sin.  The fact that sin is in all of us, so we can't hide from it.  Does anybody else think that's right.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2008, 10:56:14 PM »
I'll answer that with a quote (its from memory so sorry if its not exact)
"you can't run from sorrow. My brother died in the towns; the rest of my family died here. You just have to accept that heartache is a part of life."
The heart of man is deceitful above all things.
"There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him...For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders...pride, foolishness: all these evil things come from within and defile the man" (Mark.7:15-23).

so, in short (although there are many many layers of meaning to the movie)...I agree.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Butterfly

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 03:12:07 PM »
Is it a coincidence that this movie makes us discuss "spirtual matters" and the bible?

Does anyone firmly believe these numbers dont't have a hidden intention, and if the answer is no: what other alternatives than bible references could they be?

The numbers where not just random - they just can't be.

And by the way, B-movie = Bible-Movie.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 08:30:52 PM »
lol the Bible can be applied to any and every situation in countless ways. Applying it to a 2-hour movie (well almost) is as easy as falling out of bed.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

theos

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2008, 02:14:19 AM »
I've been thinking about this a lot and I absolutely agree now that the Ecology/Plants stuff is just a distraction from the Negative-Human-Energy/God stuff that is really causing The Happening.
And it's not because of the exact times it happened (I don't really enjoy NUMERICAL references to Bible).

I think so because of
- pictures of the sky in the beginning and in the end,
- the 'Mon Dieu' words pretty much describing the real nature of what the french guy is looking at,
- Mrs. Jones being a clear and obvious metaphore for Angry Mother Nature ('Never take anything without asking', 'The world doesn't care about me, I don't care about the world', 'I guess I'll have to offer you some food. I won't invite you twice', 'I wasn't expecting visitors' etc. - sorry if these quotes are wrong - I haven't seen the movie in english) but at the same time being a very religious person,
- many-many J- names,
- main heroes names starting with A- and E-,
- constant mentioning of something that people can not explain scientifically (which is how religions appear),
- one of the symptoms (confused speech) being a reference to Babel Tower that started discord among people.

-

courier

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2008, 10:42:54 AM »
Why did the happening happen in a specified time and space? If something is to happen, it must happen in a specified time and space. Maybe it's part of the greater philosophical mystery: Why is there something instead of nothing? Or why is there a particular something instead of something else? What causes it? The very unknown that causes something to exist instead of nothing may also have caused "the happening".

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2008, 11:26:33 AM »
Wow, I had never thought of Mrs. Jones as mother nature. That's a good observation. The way she gives as though it were what she was meant to do whether she likes it or not. She gives them food and shelter, but is inexplicably paranoid that they will steal from her or kill her. And yeah, that "dont take things without asking -smack-" it's like the toxin. Now I think I have enough things to look for to go see it one more time  ;D  even though i wasnt planning on it.

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2008, 11:42:00 PM »
Now I think I have enough things to look for to go see it one more time  ;D  even though i wasnt planning on it.

If you do go, will you please look for the color yellow?  I know it sounds weird, but hear me out:

As I watched this movie again today, I started to pick up on something weird.  A lot of the things in this movie are yellow.  Alma's bag, a lot of the flowers, the leaves on the trees, Mrs. Jones' kitchen, Jess' mood ring color when she wears it, the ropes tying the swing to the tree; I even think the boarding tickets they got for the train were yellow. 

It just seemed like too many things were yellow in this movie for it not to be coincidence.  But maybe I was just looking too hard.    Is yellow the new red?

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2008, 11:45:55 PM »
Is yellow the new red?

Hmmm, very interesting. I need to see this movie again. I feel somewhat ashamed, I have only seen it once.