A message from GOD

Author Topic: A message from GOD  (Read 11761 times)

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: A message from GOD
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2008, 11:48:18 PM »
Yes, I think this time i will go in with a notebook and a pen lol
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

theos

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 03:29:27 AM »

If you do go, will you please look for the color yellow?  I know it sounds weird, but hear me out:

As I watched this movie again today, I started to pick up on something weird.  A lot of the things in this movie are yellow.  Alma's bag, a lot of the flowers, the leaves on the trees, Mrs. Jones' kitchen, Jess' mood ring color when she wears it, the ropes tying the swing to the tree; I even think the boarding tickets they got for the train were yellow. 

It just seemed like too many things were yellow in this movie for it not to be coincidence.  But maybe I was just looking too hard.    Is yellow the new red?

I think there are 3 main colors in this movie:
BLUE - for calmness
GREEN - for love ;)
YELLOW - for fear, or bad energy, or something like that.

All three appear many times in different situations and locations.

About the last one... when Jess was wearing the ring it indeed was yellow and Elliot told her that it was the color of upcoming laughter to make her laugh (but he really tried to make her laugh because she was frightened - and that's what the ring was showing). And later when Elliot is speaking to Alma through the pipe (when they are separated in different buildings) the ring on him is also yellow and he seems pretty disturbed at the time. So I just came to this conclusion.

But I may be wrong about this.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 12:12:25 PM »
I think you're right about yellow. About the green..I'm not 100% sure..a few days ago I was sure that green was the color of love based on the original title of the movie. [the "geen effect" being the effect of love on the happening and stopping it] However, just as Wahlberg's character conjectured, the Happening did, in fact, end BEFORE they went out to meet each other. (happening ends at 9:27 and they meet outside at 9:58 i believe.) So their love didnt actually have an effect on the happening... It may have originally been intended that their love (green) ends it..or it may not even be necessary that love end the happening..it still has a green effect on their lives.

"the world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe." -Mr. Walker [the village]
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Butterfly

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 01:43:38 PM »
lol the Bible can be applied to any and every situation in countless ways. Applying it to a 2-hour movie (well almost) is as easy as falling out of bed.

So what other layers could you apply just as easily?

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 03:38:11 PM »
oh man..too many..
But one is the idea of "you shall know them by their fruits" ie the indirect characterization of people (what they care about..what they run over..etc) The idea of the "vibes" people give off.

The idea of Mrs Jones as Satan..the accuser, the shunned and bitter, obsessed with Jesus.

I'm not really thinking very deeply into these..just a couple off the top of my head.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2008, 10:53:50 PM »
Yeah I know..i didnt feel like sitting and thinking about it, haha

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2008, 03:43:02 PM »
I felt like Mrs. Jones was one of those people that twisted religion and used it as a crutch.  She hated the world, I think because her husband died in a war, so she went and hid, became a recluse.  The room where she slept, it was full of crosses and bible verses, and other religious stuff, and then when she's mad and she walks out to her garden, she starts to say the Lord's prayer, and then she's affected.  I felt like she used religion as a crutch, to bolstor her own self esteem, and believe that she was better then others.  Just a thought.  I think she might represent those who twist religion?  When Elliot is in the cellar, I couldn't tell if the ring was yellow or orange, thanks for clarifying.  I agree, green is love, did you notice Alma wore black until the final scene where they walk out to meet in the field, then her shirt is green, just a thought.  Did you also notice Elliot wore a blue shirt throughout the movie. 
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2008, 03:47:49 PM »
Well..what u described sounds a lot like satan to me :P

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2008, 10:51:41 AM »
I guess there are some similarities, but not a whole lot.  :-\
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village