Director's Cut?

Author Topic: Director's Cut?  (Read 3093 times)

JWMMakerofMusic

• Wide Awake

Director's Cut?
« on: June 17, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »
I'm wondering, do you think that Shyamalan will have in the Director's Cut all the stuff that people saw at the advanced screenings or even the stuff that could've pushed it to an NC-18 rating?

*spoilers ahoy*

For instance, I heard hearsay that there were more a few more death scenes that were cut, and that John Leguizamo didn't just simply slit his wrists, but rather he skins himself.  I don't know how true this is, but it's interesting to ponder.  I don't know, what do you think?
1. Sixth Sense
2. Lady in the Water
3. Unbreakable
4. The Village
5. Signs

MrStone

• LITW

Re: Director's Cut?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 06:38:20 PM »
i sure hope that the directors cut is longer and doesn't feel so rushed...i mean there are probably 20 minutes of footage that are not in that film, that should have been and would have helped increase the quality from poor to ...slightly below average.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 06:43:25 PM »
Let me just point out that what we saw was indeed the "director's cut"

However, it seems that you guys are asking whether or not there will be an "extended cut" or "unrated cut" - and the answer is no. Shyamalan mentioned in an interview that Fox had approached him about an 'unrated version' for the DVD and he declined. He did however state that he will include that stuff & deleted scenes on the DVD.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 09:47:44 PM »

However, it seems that you guys are asking whether or not there will be an "extended cut" or "unrated cut" - and the answer is no. Shyamalan mentioned in an interview that Fox had approached him about an 'unrated version' for the DVD and he declined. He did however state that he will include that stuff & deleted scenes on the DVD.

I agree on that one.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:50:26 PM »

I think that if Night stuffs the DVD with content, it will more than make up for the disappointing film! I'd be more than happy to buy it! Lol.

GenPion

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 02:33:34 PM »
I hope there is never a "Directors Cut" other than the theatrical release. I just don't know if I'd like that.

It's good to hear that Shyamalan feels the same way.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 02:20:17 PM »
I think that would be great if there were lots of special features and deleted scenes on the DVD.  Any chance of a commentary?  I absolutely love special features, I have learned so much about movie making from special features.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 11:43:41 AM »
I really hope there are a number of deleted scenes pertaining more to character development, and maybe some other dramatic stuff.  The movie felt rushed, and it seemed as if a lot of depth and character development was intended, but missing.  So I'm holding out hope for something like that on DVD.
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 01:39:16 PM »
I doubt there will be a director commentary, because Shyamalan never does that (i explained my reasoning for it in the "commentary" thread) But hey, maybe there will be a twist ending where he DOES do a commentary   ::)
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 03:07:17 PM »
Do you know what I hope he does with the deleted scenes.  You can watch them on your own, but also be able to watch them with the movie.  There's an X-Men dvd where you can watch the deleted scenes as part of the movie, which would be really cool.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

manojrules

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 04:41:22 PM »
Yeah, I thin Shyamalan was right to decline that and do it like his other DVDs, with sometimes he may talk about it a little in the special features and stuff, and some deleted scenes.

And that thing about John, if thats true and they graphically showed it, then that couldve made the movie to N17 if there were more graphic scenes like that, but I'm not sure if thats true. Maybe Shyamalan had it in one of his original scripts but changed and/or took out some of the deaths, but that's interesting.