Mood Ring Interpretation (SPOILERS!!!)

Author Topic: Mood Ring Interpretation (SPOILERS!!!)  (Read 11900 times)

okokokok

• LITW

Re: Mood Ring Interpretation (SPOILERS!!!)
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2008, 12:27:29 PM »
I think the pregnancy test is a good catch.  I am not certain what significance the color has have if any, but it is a color and it is M Night and this movie does have a color theme going on, even if it has been truncated since The Green Effect.

srkbeno.1

• Wide Awake

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2008, 01:03:59 PM »
are you guys sure mark walbhurg's ring was green at the end? i remember it being brown

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2008, 05:03:48 PM »
the reason they survived 'the event' isbecause...of the love...read the original script.  its clear as day.

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 10:42:56 PM »
I definitley believe they survived and maybe even ended the happening because of love, but the characters themselves did not seem to realize it. I certainly remember somebody in the film saying, "it must have ended just before we (they?) went out there."
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Misterkami

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 11:53:37 AM »
I think the only colour possible to see at the end is the orange (wanting) when they both say they wish the other one was there. I don't know what the colour was after he decided to go to her, but most charts put the colour of love as dark blue..

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 01:09:52 PM »
Well the original script is quite different from the actual movie. Also if you pay attention to the times, and the news report at the end, the event actually DID end before they went out to meet each other.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 01:32:54 AM »
(by the way, this is my first post ever)
Yeah, the mood ring stuff is deep. I dont think ill watch it again in theaters, but it's definintely important to the underlying layers. I loved the village. It's my second favorite movie of all time (after Gattaca) and colors were a big big big part of that movie. Now taking into consideration, that fact plus the original title of The Happening I would dare to assume that the color for love on his mood ring is green. That the true "Green Effect" is, in fact, revealed to us only in the last 10 minutes of the film.
"The world moves for love. It kneels before it in awe."
-Mr. Walker; The Village

Hey, this was my first post ever! (and i still agree with it. Winning!)