Favorite Night movie scene of all time?

Author Topic: Favorite Night movie scene of all time?  (Read 1832 times)

Lieutenantnike

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
Favorite Night movie scene of all time?
« on: June 18, 2008, 01:04:53 AM »
Just for a little fun.

What's everyone's favorite scene from your favorite Night movie of all? For me, it'd definitely have to be the very end of Signs when the camera pans across Graham Hess's room, showing his minister uniform and the cross back on his wall. So powerful and moving--PERFECT ending to my favorite movie of all time.

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
Re: Favorite Night movie scene of all time?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 09:22:46 AM »
This is really hard. But I think I'll go for the end scenes of Lady In The Water. From the moment Story gets picked up by the I-forgot-it's-name-bird and everyone looks up in the sky to see Story and the bird fly away.
Together with the music that always gives me a great, undiscibable feeling.
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »
For me, it would have to be something in the village - Just cause it's my fav shyamalan movie and theres so much perfection in it.
uhm.. I really like in the village meeting when Walker says to Lucius "you are fearless in a way that i shall never know"
but also Walker's appeal to the Elders toward the end "I hope I am always willing TO risk EVERYTHING for the just and right cause"
then uhh.. The first time Lucius takes Ivy's hand when TWDSO are in the village;
and of course when Walker says "it is all that I can give you." -wipes tear- i think so many people miss the gravity of that scene.
Then of course there is the famous porch scene..but i hate to be so conformist as to say that it's my favorite, even though it is spectacular   :P
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

SkarpoTheSorcerer

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 03:28:15 PM »
This is really hard but i think ill have to go with the ending scene in Signs, it's just so powerful it cannot be described.

FoxxyMama

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 12:23:23 AM »
as for my favorite most effective/emotional scene from one of his films i would have to go with the boarding up of the house in Signs in which Graham tells his two kids what happened when they were born up until the very end of the film when he is a reverend again...awesome music adds to perfection....i would also have to say that i enjoyed the scene in Unbreakable when he is bench pressing and they keep adding more and more weight...it made me laugh, not a moving scene but it was very cool
"Whats furry furry rabbit?"
"Its a game isn't it?"

theos

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 03:31:48 AM »
Just for a little fun.

What's everyone's favorite scene from your favorite Night movie of all? For me, it'd definitely have to be the very end of Signs when the camera pans across Graham Hess's room, showing his minister uniform and the cross back on his wall. So powerful and moving--PERFECT ending to my favorite movie of all time.

Actually when I watched Signs last time I was expecting to see the cross back on his wall. But actually I was pretty surprised that at the end of Signs there is no cross on the wall when Graham is wearing his uniform. There are family photos but no cross. Maybe I looked at the wrong spot?

My favorite Night's scene is when Ivy is standing under the white flag with Lucius's blood on her shirt and then goes slapping Noah.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:35:55 AM by theos »