Do you M. Night has the potential to "maybe" be the next Spielberg?

Author Topic: Do you M. Night has the potential to "maybe" be the next Spielberg?  (Read 4200 times)

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
Re: Do you M. Night has the potential to "maybe" be the next Spielberg?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 03:34:19 PM »
In my opinion becoming Spielberg isn't positive. Being spielberg if nothing then means having no ideas of it's own, and building everything on someone's past or work. Since sire Manoj starts directly from the point of idea, I cannot possibly compare the two. 'course, my opinion, again, is that Manoj was "better" than him far back with sense or unbreakable. Don't care about budget or sfx.
Manoj Night Shyamalan is Charles Baudelaire of movie art. That is non-deniable. Baudelaire's value is non-deniable.

Erin

• Signs

• The Future is Unwritten
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 05:13:57 PM »
He isn't Spielberg at all, and I prefer him one thousand times !  Of course, he didn"t make the same movies but I think his art is deeper. Just my opinion

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »
He's at the beginning, he hasn't the long list of films that Spielberg has. When M. Night Shyamalan will have done more than 20 movies anyone will compare him with nobody, and his style will be compleltly defined. His name will be in the list of artists of the cinema, and new directors after him will be compared with M. NIght Shyamalan.

Anyway, being compared with Spielberg after some films is a great beginning, but for me with the films he's done untill now he has convinced myself that he's better.
Dame Nature moves in Strange Ways

Erin

• Signs

• The Future is Unwritten
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 06:24:28 AM »
I agree with you AFL  :)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 10:03:28 PM »
M.Night movies takes your deep inside the story. It makes you feel that you are there part of the story. When I was watching SIGNS I had the feeling. I was scared to death. I will never forget how scared I was after watching SIGNS.

Rohan