The Event (UPDATED 7-14-08; Third Clip!)

Author Topic: The Event (UPDATED 7-14-08; Third Clip!)  (Read 6408 times)

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
Re: The Event (UPDATED 7-1-08; New Clip!)
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 03:53:31 PM »
Alright guys, the first clip is up! Just scroll back up to the top and I edited it in my original post. That's where I'll put all of the clips from now on. Fair warning though, there's a bit of strong language (no f-words) at the end of the clip that may turn-off a few viewers, so watch at your own discretion! Enjoy!

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 11:50:58 PM »
Ha..that's pretty freakin good. I like the camera angles. The knot-tying tho..kinda seemed amateurish. In those 15 seconds or however long it was, he's not believable as a person affected by the toxin. know what i mean? like the art kinda slips out of it for a second. ( a more professional-looking knot may not seem as realistic, but the artistry of it would help keep my unbelief in suspension.)  I like the music a lot too. Did you do it yourself?
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 11:53:39 PM »
No, that music's from the Happening soundtrack, but we'll end up doing our own music in the end. But thanks for watching and glad you liked it!

And yeah, the knot-tying isn't perfect and I think the problem is is that it just drags on a little too long. I'll fix that in editing though, so no big deal. I've already changed stuff in that scene since I uploaded it.

GenPion

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 01:01:36 AM »
Thanks for sharing the clip. I actually thought it was a bit scary until the guy fell. Pretty funny.

I am looking forward to seeing more.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 01:03:35 AM by GenPion »

Lieutenantnike

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 01:49:45 AM »
That was pretty great. Loved the subtle curse at the end lol.

If you want any help whatsoever on this project, I'd be happy to lend a hand in any way I can. I, too, have been making movies since just about when I learned to walk. Just send me a message on youtube or hit me up on AIM/AOL :)

Good luck with it all!

http://www.youtube.com/nikedmondson
Lieutenantnike@aol.com

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 09:27:44 AM »
That was pretty good, I liked it, thought the end was funny.  Knowing it was a spoof I thought he was going to hang the mower.  Keep the clips coming though, their good.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
Re: The Event (UPDATED 7-5-08; Second Clip!)
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 08:18:31 PM »
Thanks a lot!

Okay, the second one is up now, and the link for it is right below the one for the first clip, on the original message. Enjoy!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 08:07:44 PM »
It was awesome man. Just awesome. I like it.

Rohan

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 11:56:58 PM »
Thanks a lot. I think the next clip that we're gonna upload is the "Don't take my daughters hand unless you mean it" scene. It's pretty ridiculous too.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
Re: The Event (UPDATED 7-14-08; Third Clip!)
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 11:06:04 PM »
Yep, third clips up. Spoofing the "goodbye" between Julian and Elliot. It's on the original post as well as here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5lpXyhmTgs

ENJOY!

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: The Event (UPDATED 7-14-08; Third Clip!)
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 12:34:29 PM »
lol everything till the end of the "what are you saying?" bit is gold. The elliot character just kills it from there :(
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.