Most disappointing Night film?!

Author Topic: Most disappointing Night film?!  (Read 5082 times)

ALF

• The Village

• Email
Re: Most disappointing Night film?!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 02:38:41 AM »
The sixth sense is the most disappointing Night film for me.

I won't say that The Happening disappointed me, maybe it surprised me, but those are different feelings. I was expecting something different, but I liked the movie, and I'm sure I'll love this movie after some time. Yesterday I saw it again, and I liked it more than the first time. I just told about this some days before: This movie needs time to be understood by all the public and critics. It remembers me the same feeling I had the first time I saw Hitchcok's Birds, and now I love it and maybe it's my favourite Hitchcock's movie.

The most disappointing film for me was The sixth sense, because once you've discovered all the truth it has no sense to see it again. I have a strange theory about why I don't like that movie, but I can resume it saying this: I don't like it that much because it's a trick to surprise thje espectator. Let's do this, I'll write my theory on the Thread about the movie, ok?
Dame Nature moves in Strange Ways

Erin

• Signs

• The Future is Unwritten
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 06:22:44 AM »
Hi everyone ! Let's me introduce myself cos it's my first reply here.  I'm French so maybe my english isn't the best of the world. I love every single movie directed by M Night Shyamalan but Unbreakable dissapointed me a bit cos I don't know what but something is missing for me . I liked it very much but not like the other ones . It's a bit slow , too slow . But there is somthing else I can't explain at the moment I don't like. Maybe the story I think.

I'm surprised AFL because I just watched The sixth sense yesterday for the second time in a week and I 've found some little things that I've not noticed before. There was another dimension even if you know the truth cos once you know the truth, you can look for some clues in the movie, understand some things that you just don"t see the first time .
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 06:27:13 AM by Erin »

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2008, 07:42:14 AM »
Hi Erin, welcome to the site. We're neighbours, I'm from Spain  :)
I know what you mean about The sixth sense, I've seen it more times, but I don't know, there's something I don't like in this movie, because I felt that without those cinematographic triks the story was impossible. Let me reflect about this and I'll post my thought about this movie in its own thread, in order to discuss with whoever who wants about this ideas.

Anyway, I liked the movie, but just the first time I saw it.
About Unbreakable, I like it, even if it's slow.

Welcome again.

Erin

• Signs

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2008, 08:11:06 AM »
Thanx :)

Don't you think the same thing about Unbreakable ? Because even if the story is more possible than the sixth sense, this movie is from something deep in the mind. The sixth sense is about our emotions and  our thoughts about death. Personnally, this movie attracted my heart cos I've this kind of imagination about death and dead people .
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 08:12:56 AM by Erin »

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 07:55:22 AM »
Hi Erin,
I don't talk about the story, I love both (Unbreakable and Sixth sense), I just don't like very much The sixth sense because of how is it made. The final surprise is that THe doctor is dead, and whole the story he was dead, but actually it's impossible that he doesn't realize it during the film, and that's what I don't like, the film for me is a trick.

I promise to post this "point of view" in the Sixth sense section, as soon as I arrive to home and have some minutes to write it correctly.

Erin

• Signs

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 10:01:17 AM »
Okay I understand what you mean.

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 02:32:09 PM »
While The Happening may have been a minor disappointment for me, I wasn't even as let down as I was after Unbreakable.  And at least I like both of those movies despite being disappointed a little.  LITW is easily by far the most disappointing film of Shyamalan's in my opinion.  The only caveat is that I went into it with low expectations, so it wasn't as big of a let down after watching it as Unbreakable, or possibly The Happening. 

You were dissapointed with Unbreakable?  :o

Lol Yeah I know what's up with that?? Unbreakable is quite possible the best film ever made!

To each their own....  I just watched it again the other night, and liked it even more than I had in my previous two viewings, but I'd still place it around The Happening, below Signs, The Village, and The Sixth Sense.  I believe I stated above why as well, and that I answered the question based on my first viewing, what I brought into it, and how I felt afterwards.  Using those criterion, it was the most disappointing to me.  I still really like it though, definitely more than LITW. 
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

marco

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 09:02:25 AM »
Even if I liked it,I would say The Happening,because except for some beautiful and stylish scenes (people who stop and start walking backwards and a little more ones) it hasn't conveyed the same feelings and emotions of his other movies to me.
"Welcome to The Cove"