Time Lapse? *spoilers*

Author Topic: Time Lapse? *spoilers*  (Read 1650 times)

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Time Lapse? *spoilers*
« on: June 23, 2008, 03:26:35 PM »
Anyone notice how Ivy's father tells her the gravel road is a half day's journey..yet she spends the night in the woods between the village and the road? I mean she's blind so she may have been going slower or gotten lost, but still...

Also Alice Hunt says her husband was found in the filthy river 2 days after he left to go to market, but later in the flashback she says he was found 3 days later in the east river.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

FoxxyMama

• Wide Awake

• Email
Re: Time Lapse? *spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 12:24:26 AM »
wow i wouldnt have caught that ever...
"Whats furry furry rabbit?"
"Its a game isn't it?"

pinkie1205

• Wide Awake

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 03:04:26 AM »
It probably took her more then a day because the boys left her.  I mean she running around the woods blind.

Also the lady who tells Ivy that her sister was killed says she was killed in an alley behind her house, then in the flashback says it was 3 blocks from her house.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:20:01 AM by pinkie1205 »

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 12:47:21 PM »
Hmm..maybe it was intentional that the stories were wrong then.. I don't think Shyamalan would have made so many mistakes in one area like that. Could it be that he wanted to imply that even though they were keeping the boxes for memories, they didn't remember it right? That memory is subjective? That memory should, therefore, not tie us down?

"We can move towards hope, that's what's beautiful about this place. We cannot run from heartache...Heartache is a part of life, we know that now. Ivy is running toward hope, let her run." -August Nicholson
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.