AMAZING!

Author Topic: AMAZING!  (Read 5988 times)

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
Re: AMAZING!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 03:39:07 PM »
Faith is my daughter.  Does that mean Signs is all about her?  Wink

This was an absolutely no-point standing comment what-so-ever.
Manoj Night Shyamalan is Charles Baudelaire of movie art. That is non-deniable. Baudelaire's value is non-deniable.

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2008, 10:26:50 PM »
There are a few ways to look at this movie.  Another theory could be that the village could be Christianity and the towns be every other religion and the monsters be their religious leaders.  Or, The Village could be When people started to move away from the cities (Towns) into the suburbs (Village), and the monsters could represent those still left in the inner cities.  Because alot of people in the suburbs may tend to think that alot of bad goes on in cities and not that much good, but that has a great amount to do with the media.  The Terrorism theory is ok, but realize that terrorism has happened from with and from our citizens (Oklahoma), and now that they have a good suspect on the Anthrax plot, in which he doesn't look middle eastern, like those in the 911 incident, that theory is questionable, because with all the information we have today you would have to include everyone, not just those who look middle eastern, because that's racial profilling, close mindedness and not taking responsibility what the craziness that's happened before 911.  Anyway, there's no one right or wrong way to symblize this movie...I guess they all have have some valitity to them depending on how and where you grew up at.  There's no right or wrong way to look at this movie is what I'm saying.   

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2008, 10:45:03 PM »
The Terrorism theory is ok, but realize that terrorism has happened from with and from our citizens (Oklahoma), and now that they have a good suspect on the Anthrax plot, in which he doesn't look middle eastern, like those in the 911 incident, that theory is questionable, because with all the information we have today you would have to include everyone, not just those who look middle eastern, because that's racial profilling, close mindedness and not taking responsibility what the craziness that's happened before 911.  Anyway, there's no one right or wrong way to symblize this movie...I guess they all have have some valitity to them depending on how and where you grew up at.  There's no right or wrong way to look at this movie is what I'm saying.   

Yeah but that's just the thing. It's not about who is really the culprit. It's about who the leaders (or elders as the case may be) say the culprit is. They use the idea to isolate and control everyone under their power. Evil comes from the heart of man..not any particular place..that was one of the main themes of the movie.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 10:57:34 PM »
The Terrorism theory is ok, but realize that terrorism has happened from with and from our citizens (Oklahoma), and now that they have a good suspect on the Anthrax plot, in which he doesn't look middle eastern, like those in the 911 incident, that theory is questionable, because with all the information we have today you would have to include everyone, not just those who look middle eastern, because that's racial profilling, close mindedness and not taking responsibility what the craziness that's happened before 911.  Anyway, there's no one right or wrong way to symblize this movie...I guess they all have have some valitity to them depending on how and where you grew up at.  There's no right or wrong way to look at this movie is what I'm saying.   

Yeah but that's just the thing. It's not about who is really the culprit. It's about who the leaders (or elders as the case may be) say the culprit is. They use the idea to isolate and control everyone under their power. Evil comes from the heart of man..not any particular place..that was one of the main themes of the movie.

I can see what you're saying, evil does come from the hearts of men, but my problem is that it seems that once we have a really negative experience in or at a particular place, we let it cloud our judgment we get ourselves into a frenzy into thinking that everyone, like in the movie with the elders, is bad in those places.  And we spread that evil to our children and it's not always right.  It' a possibility that M. Night didn't have any messages in this movie and we're just all brain storming, which is pretty damn cool.   

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 11:00:19 PM »
I think he has said before that he always has messages in his films.  But if a film portrays real, common experiences in a powerful way, it will always inspire people to discuss the world around them.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.