The Car in the Field

Author Topic: The Car in the Field  (Read 2882 times)

pinkie1205

• Wide Awake

The Car in the Field
« on: June 24, 2008, 01:39:20 AM »
I was wondering why they just didn't take the car from the field?  Elliott goes to the car to check for the map and actually it's pretty funny that the ignition is dinging because the passenger side door is open and not the drivers side door.  That is what I noticed anyway, I didn't see the drivers side door being opened.

Why didn't they just take the car in the first place?  It would have saved them from the old lady and running away from the wind.  Also they could have been out of the state in no time.

theos

• Wide Awake

• Email
Re: The Car in the Field
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 03:27:28 AM »
When I read the subject of this post I thought it would be about something else. :)

Cause when I saw the movie both times it seemed to me that this car was pretty unnecessary for the script. Like some bit left from a deleted scene.
My thoughts were that the sequence with this car in the field was out of its place and there could be another better and more inetesting way to make the characters obtain a map :)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:01:37 AM »
Actually, the car in the field scene was making sense. Elliot tries to find a map and also listens to the news whats going on in the cities.

They could take the car, but the situation they were in there was no need to run away. Plus whoever the driver and passengers were they couldn't made it, so how come "Elliot and Alma" could survive. Plus, the car was on the field not on the road.

There is a possibility of taking the car if it would be on the road. I would take it if it would be on the road.

Plus, The Car in The field reminds me of "Rocking Chair" in THE VILLAGE.

Rohan

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 12:56:53 PM »
At that point, they had figured out that none of the roads would take them the direction they needed to go (remember the army private?) But i was wondering that too..At least drive accross the fields where u can. But I think maybe they were trying to avoid anything that wasnt eco-friendly, and pickups are not very eco-friendly at all.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 02:28:10 PM »
At that point, they had figured out that none of the roads would take them the direction they needed to go (remember the army private?) But i was wondering that too..At least drive accross the fields where u can. But I think maybe they were trying to avoid anything that wasnt eco-friendly, and pickups are not very eco-friendly at all.

There you go. You make sense

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 03:02:50 PM »
Makes sense to me also.  I loved the stuff with the rocking chairs in the village. ;D
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 06:26:19 PM »
When I read the subject of this post I thought it would be about something else. :)

Cause when I saw the movie both times it seemed to me that this car was pretty unnecessary for the script. Like some bit left from a deleted scene.
My thoughts were that the sequence with this car in the field was out of its place and there could be another better and more inetesting way to make the characters obtain a map :)

it was a convenient plot device to me...kind of funny how writers put stuff there that is conveniently there...

but, there could have been a deleted scene...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 10:31:04 AM »
Yea, I'm really hoping there will be deleted scenes on the dvd.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 04:02:25 PM »
There are always deleted scenes in shyamalan movies. PLus we already know there was a lot cut out of it for run time limitations
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 08:44:57 AM »
Sweet, I can't wait for the DVD, hopefully there will be lots of special features.  That way I can learn more about how Night works, maybe there will be a commentary.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »
Good luck with that. He never does commentary (except on deleted scenes) blahh

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 09:21:44 AM »
And those are before the deleted scenes, just to explain them a little bit, but maybe, you never know.  Hopefully.