Just an observation...

Author Topic: Just an observation...  (Read 1813 times)

pinkie1205

• Wide Awake

Just an observation...
« on: June 24, 2008, 03:25:57 AM »
In the part of the movie that shows the room Noah was in and the floor all ripped up why is there a rib bone on the floor, a leg bone in the hole and the yellow cloak covered in blood?  I've been thinking about it and I can't figure it out.

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: Just an observation...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 01:18:46 PM »
*Spoilers*

Yeah, I didnt notice that yellow cloak with blood on it till the last time i saw it (a few days ago) but the bones and feathers are from the animals Noah killed.
I also made a connection with the "flight of the birds" scene (because by now i just KNOW that every scene in that movie is there for a reason) where noah's mother says "we didnt have the flight of the birds last year and I just loved to see the children dressed up all in feathers". So I'm sure her "child" was one of the most excited by it. That being established, could Noah have turned to violence against animals trying to re-capture that yearly joy of dressing up in their feathers (or furs) which he missed?

As for the cloak...  -shrug- maybe he just picked one up somewhere (or maybe everyone has one) and just used it to cover up his little hidden treasures. Or maybe he wore it while killing and skinning the animals.

Note also that Noah took his oath to not hit anymore very seriously (as he did not HIT Lucius) but did not make any connection with violence itself being unacceptable. It's also ironic that the first thing Ivy does when she comes into his quiet room is to begin hitting him repeatedly.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Unbroken

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 04:08:17 PM »
Um, Namaste, I'm pretty sure Noah knew that his violent actions were unacceptable. He was clearly distraught and ashamed for his deeds. He obviously had a conscience, but his darker nature compelled him to do things he knew were wrong.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:20:19 AM »
I agree with Unbroken, but I do like how Night puts so much into his movies, every scene has something in it.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village