M.Night Shyamalan's NEXT original Script.

Author Topic: M.Night Shyamalan's NEXT original Script.  (Read 19684 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
M.Night Shyamalan's NEXT original Script.
« on: June 25, 2008, 11:05:33 PM »
From an unknown source I am here to notify everyone about M.Night Shyamalan's next original project. Screenplay. Possible Plot.

M.Night Shyamalan's next is based on two different plots : A Biblical Tale About A Town In 70s Believed they saw GOD. -OR- Possibly a plot about "Early Man" during evolution. Not definately SCI-FI, but horror, I would think.

Rohan

Lieutenantnike

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
Re: M.Night Shyamalan's NEXT original Script.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:41:19 PM »
Huh... I'm curious to know how the first script could be made into a horror-suspense as Shyamalan has so perfectly mastered. I'm very excited :)

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:28:39 AM »
It's possible to turn anything into horror/suspense, as shyamalan has already proven. (not to mention rod serling)
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

GothMan

• The Happening

• Personal Text
    You should close your eyes to see the Truth.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 02:12:50 AM »
The first one seems very interesting to me.
"A common misperception of me is... That all my movies have twist endings, or that they're all scary. All my movies are spiritual and all have an emotional perspective." (M. Night Shyamalan)

theos

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 03:19:23 AM »
I really hope that along with Avatar he'll be able to produce something based on his own idea. :'(
I don't wanna wait for 4 years  :'(

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 11:15:33 AM »
That's right. Personally I don't want to wait 4 years to see a M.Night Original Film. I think M.Night is shootig Avatar "Pirates" style back to back with no breaks. The Trilogy will be finished and they will release the first one on "2010". I was wondering, are they going to release Airbender part 2&3 back to back after a year, like 2011-12? I hope so.

As far as M.Night original is concerned he will have time to write and fixed it. I am sure he already wrote it on paper.

The first plot sounds great to me. He will turn it into a horror. Again, I think its going to be R-Rated.

Rohan

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »
I've thought for years now that Shyamalan should make a movie about Spiritual Warfare, and maybe even collaborate with reknowned author Frank Peretti on the subject.  For Night's movie, the focus wouldn't even specifically have to have the "Christian" themes that Peretti writes about.  Rather, he could continue his exploration of all things supernatural and paranormal, given his usual style of movies, it would be a great fit!  I'd love to see him go this route with his next film, and as I mentioned before, have had this very thought for him for years.  If anybody has read the Peretti books, think something closer to "The Visitation", than "This Present Darkness."  In fact, upon reading the first idea mentioned above, my first thought was how it could be like "The Visitation".  At any rate, exciting stuff to think about, and I can only hope this is indeed his next direction, and that it won't be too far off!
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 12:46:42 PM »
I think the first idea is the best idea.  I wonder how the actual story would go.  I think in the 30's or 40's in Brazil or some country there were some young kids who saw The Virgin Mary...well I saw the footage of them, and they were kneeling down on their knees gazing up at the sky.  I think I saw this on the History channel.  Well, anyway, it gave me chills.  Speaking on just the feel of the movie, the movie, "Fire in the sky" was really creepy too and also gave me the chills.  The specific part in the movie I'm talking about (if anyone has scene the film) is the part when they found the man who was abducted, naked, he was so out of it and scared, just seeing that was really crazy.  My point is that those two feelings I got from the footage and that movie combined together with the first plot would make an exciting and thrilling movie. M. Night needs to raise the bar on this next film, that's for sure.   

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 04:43:26 PM »
I think the first idea is the best idea.  I wonder how the actual story would go.  I think in the 30's or 40's in Brazil or some country there were some young kids who saw The Virgin Mary...well I saw the footage of them, and they were kneeling down on their knees gazing up at the sky.  I think I saw this on the History channel.  Well, anyway, it gave me chills.  Speaking on just the feel of the movie, the movie, "Fire in the sky" was really creepy too and also gave me the chills.  The specific part in the movie I'm talking about (if anyone has scene the film) is the part when they found the man who was abducted, naked, he was so out of it and scared, just seeing that was really crazy.  My point is that those two feelings I got from the footage and that movie combined together with the first plot would make an exciting and thrilling movie. M. Night needs to raise the bar on this next film, that's for sure.   

I like the first plot or I think the first and second plot are the same. I can't wait for it...

Rohan

Unbroken

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 05:46:19 PM »
Hey Rohan, what exactly is this "unknown source"? Where/how did you hear about it?

It sounds interesting...

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 07:46:48 PM »
Hey Rohan, what exactly is this "unknown source"? Where/how did you hear about it?

It sounds interesting...

One of my friends in film school in New York and he has friends in LA/NY who are trying to get into film and writing business. One of them are in WGA library and my friend notified me that that's what M.Night's next is probably based on.

Rohan

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 10:28:21 AM »
I also think the first synopsis is the best.But I can't see how he could make a horror movie starting from that...maybe a thriller,but not a horror.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 01:48:21 PM »
I also think the first synopsis is the best.But I can't see how he could make a horror movie starting from that...maybe a thriller,but not a horror.

Thats what I am thinking too.

Rohan

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 02:50:27 PM »
Come on..you can make a horror from anything. I mean it could all be a mass hallucination caused by a nuclear leak or something. Or some sort of mind control expiriment gone awry. Aliens again? A publicity stunt?
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 04:23:02 PM »
I am down for a good-old-fashioned mystery tale. Not soo much horror or thriller, but more like a homage to Agatha Christie or something.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 04:27:05 PM by Dr Malcom Crowe »