M.Night Shyamalan's NEXT original Script.

Author Topic: M.Night Shyamalan's NEXT original Script.  (Read 19707 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: M.Night Shyamalan's NEXT original Script.
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2008, 09:36:55 AM »
I'll have to wait-1. Because I don't know his address.  2. He's working on Avatar.  Thanks for the advice.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2008, 02:36:16 PM »
M.Night next sounds like it s a dark tale...related to god and stuff

Sri HK

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2008, 10:44:44 PM »
He might already have something under wraps...

?Little Chicago? gets state boost, Shyamalan expresses interest in filming in Bradford

And as another bonus to Mayor Riel?s Harrisburg trip, he met M. Night Shyamalan - known for his twist-ending suspense films like ?The Sixth Sense? - who was also in the state capitol stumping for tax exemptions. After hearing Mayor Riel?s speech stressing the economic benefits that filming gives a rural area, Mr. Shyamalan expressed interest in shooting a movie in Bradford, and the mayor in response, invited the director to visit this fall, Mayor Riel said.

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/articles/2008/07/03/news/doc486cf69d6be0c180271167.txt
What you see isn't always what u get.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 02:10:38 PM »
Wo, wo, wow, what is this, where's the info coming from.  Rohan, where did you hear about his next film, give me info. please.   :) :o
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2008, 03:00:31 PM »
Wo, wo, wow, what is this, where's the info coming from.  Rohan, where did you hear about his next film, give me info. please.   :) :o

Dude, calm down  ;D

I got from my friend. Actually we have been talking about this for a while now. That's all I have man. I will update when I hear something new.

Rohan

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2008, 12:49:57 PM »
Man, that sounds like a really freaky and cool idea. I like it a lot.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 07:48:17 PM »

It does. I like your siggy....its about your movie rite?

Rohan

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 02:37:12 PM »
I also think the first synopsis is the best.But I can't see how he could make a horror movie starting from that...maybe a thriller,but not a horror.

See, I think that's a common misconception about at least the majority of M.Night's movies....  They are not "horror" films, but rather thrillers, or dramas, or both.  I think there are "horror" elements, but they are far too complex to be considered straight up horror films, and a number of them really aren't that scary at all.  (Unbreakable, The Village, LITW).  The Village has it's moments, but mistaking that movie for a horror film is what killed it for most people in the first place. 
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2008, 02:50:33 PM »
I also think the first synopsis is the best.But I can't see how he could make a horror movie starting from that...maybe a thriller,but not a horror.

See, I think that's a common misconception about at least the majority of M.Night's movies....  They are not "horror" films, but rather thrillers, or dramas, or both.  I think there are "horror" elements, but they are far too complex to be considered straight up horror films, and a number of them really aren't that scary at all.  (Unbreakable, The Village, LITW).  The Village has it's moments, but mistaking that movie for a horror film is what killed it for most people in the first place. 

Agree with you. His next script will be a thriller/drama, but not horror.

Rohan

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2008, 08:54:10 AM »

I understand what you say and I never thought that his movies were horror movies.The only one could be The Happening,because the project started from the idea Night had to make a scary b-movie with gore and things like that.And I hope that this was only an experiment,because I still prefer his "old-style".
"Welcome to The Cove"

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2008, 10:16:56 AM »

It does. I like your siggy....its about your movie rite?

Rohan

Thanks, and yes it is about our movie. You can go to that site (or the topic I've got posted in The Happening section of the forum) and view a couple of clips. We're shooting a scene today that I'll probably upload tonight, spoofing the "Don't take my daughters hand unless you mean it" scene.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2008, 03:23:02 PM »
Wo0t thats my favorie scene.  (and woohoo, i now have The Happening rank!)
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 07:29:02 PM »
List of actors M.Night must cast for his next original script which he will direct.

1-Johnny Depp
2-Tom Cruise
3-Clint Eastwood
4-Christian Bale
5-Viggo Mortensen
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Composer

1-James Newton Howard
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rohan

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 07:48:58 PM »
This morning we had the chance to chat with Director M. Night Shyamalan about his forthcoming DVD/Blu-ray release of The Happening, which arrives in stores October 7th from Fox Home Entertainment. During the interview he revealed that he has ideas for three more scary movies, one of which he hopes to be shooting by 2010.

Currently prepping for his upcoming live-action fantasy film AVATAR, Director M. Night Shyamalan spoke with (Bloody Disgusting) this morning about the forthcoming release of THE HAPPENING and revealed that he has a few ideas brewing for a new scary film!

THE HAPPENING was touted as an R-rated M. Night Shyamalan film - the violence certainly makes its mark early on in the film...

"As a filmmaker, there are two parts to me. One is the filmmaker that I have been, and the other is the filmmakers that inspire me," says Shyamalan. "If you look at the movie posters around my house or my office, they are all these super intense movies; The Exorcist and The Godfather, both very strong and visceral movies. From the '90s it's Pulp Fiction and Goodfellas. It's so funny that I never really tapped that love of the more visceral, and with the violence in The Happening, it is my first little baby step in that direction. I don?t know if I am capable, but I hope to make a movie that is as moving as E.T. and as visceral as Pulp Fiction."
Shyamalan continues talking about the violence and the gore levels in the film and how he needs to keep himself from going over the deep end...

"We had a first cut of the movie and I think you would have loved it! For me there are two kinds of horror, first there is trauma horror, like a Korean ghost movie, and then there is entertainment horror, you have to be real careful that it doesn?t tip to far into trauma horror. I am capable of trauma horror, so I have to watch myself. In the movie Tale of Two Sisters, an amazing movie, its very scary, but basically, you feel traumatized after watching it. I remember taking notes after watching it about how powerful the experience was.

"I am lucky enough to get very broad audiences that come to my movies, from 12-year-olds to moms, and its always a dance. If you go into the more emotional side you lose the younger audience who would say; Aw its corny. If I am to go more the other way, like your (horrific) way, you get the older group going; Oh my gosh I can?t even watch this! I am willing to lose a little on either end to get the balance correct. Yet, sometimes I feel edgier than others, but I tend to lean younger in my tastes."

For those of you dying to see more gore, you can catch a little exra on the DVD release.

"You see some of the extra gore and stuff on the DVD extras. I didn?t put it into the cut of the movie because I am kind of anal about keeping the film (frame for frame) the same experience. But on the DVD extras, I really wanted you to see the sequences that felt (to me) more like trauma."

The big news, though, is that Shyamalan has some new ideas for more horror in the future.

"In my head I have three ideas that are fighting to be the next spec," Shyamalan explains. "One is more straight up scary, one is more light hearted scary - kind of more in the Signs vein, which I had a great time doing the lighter end on that one - the other one isn?t? well, it's not Gothic? but I am always in that world when I am working on original ideas. I will be shooting that one in 2010, so I have some time to decide."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 scary movies by 2010.....?      nice...

GothMan

• The Happening

• Personal Text
    You should close your eyes to see the Truth.
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2008, 02:39:38 AM »
Wow, good news!
"A common misperception of me is... That all my movies have twist endings, or that they're all scary. All my movies are spiritual and all have an emotional perspective." (M. Night Shyamalan)