Significance of Math? *spoilers*

Author Topic: Significance of Math? *spoilers*  (Read 13640 times)

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: Significance of Math? *spoilers*
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 01:17:16 AM »
I think math represents the wrong,desperate attempt of men to try to escape from what's going on.
I also think that everyone who has fear of the unknown,in the movie,does not survive.And math (something totally created by human beings themselves) is an easy way to face the unknown.Easy but wrong.
Everyone who uses math or any other means known by human beings,without considering other possibilities,fails in the movie.

That's pretty much what I've been saying. Also, I made a more recent post called "Safety in Numbers" which talks about the same thing. I think the two threads compliment each other. (look it up in the Happening section)
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2011, 09:44:32 PM »
60% chance Princeton isn't hit.

I love the use of math/percentages in this film. It is there to just make one feel better in time of crisis.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 10:05:51 PM »
Feel better, yes. Make you safer in reality? No. Make you less likely to take action in an emergency? Maybe.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.