Mrs. Jones = Mother Nature?

Author Topic: Mrs. Jones = Mother Nature?  (Read 5610 times)

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: Mrs. Jones = Mother Nature?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 01:17:36 PM »
that's an interesting thought about the model home...like all of our modern advances and self-indulgent ammenities are really worthless when it comes to our real necessities for which only mother nature can provide. [hence leaving the perfect community and ending up in mrs. jones's house]
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 09:18:40 AM »
Wow, that's an interesting point Misterkami.  To keep going with the whole Mother Nature/Mrs. Jones thing.  Suppose she is, or represents it, she did have a different death, she was aggressive, seemed like she was trying to get at Elliot and Alma.  Misterkami makes another excellent point which would go along with it.  Assuming she represents nature and everything that's been said about her is true, it also represents hope.  Yeah, lots of people will die when nature strikes back, but there's hope, some people will survive.  Humans, to survive, and, I think, to lead happy lives must communicate, which is exactly what Elliot and Alma were not doing, that is until the end.  After the attack humans will communicate with each other, hence the baby for Elliot and Alma, and learn to pay attention to their surroundings.  I'm sorry if this is a confusing post, don't know if it made any sense.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Misterkami

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 01:01:17 AM »
No no, made perfect sense.. eventually, nature is still the place we will have to live in, so we better change our lifestyle to avoid conflict with it