Is it getting harder or easier?

Author Topic: Is it getting harder or easier?  (Read 1960 times)

Breakable

• Praying with Anger

• Invidious Films
    • Email
Is it getting harder or easier?
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:04:01 PM »
With the internet now being avalible for almost anyone, cameras getting cheaper, it seems like almost anyone can make a film. Is it getting harder to get noticed in Hollywood or easier?
Aliens, monsters, earthquakes, are nothing. We are smart enough to survive any situation. No, no, no... At the end of the day the downfall of humainty will be caused humanity, and humanity alone.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
Re: Is it getting harder or easier?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 01:41:20 AM »
Easier to make movies and learn them, harder to get noticed.

Erin

• Signs

• The Future is Unwritten
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 07:37:13 AM »
This is what I think but with originality everything is possible ! just an idea !

Avalia

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 09:00:12 PM »
I don't know, with more opportunity to make films, the more flimmakers there are. Therefore it might be getting harder to be noticed. What's really important is to be original, bring something to the screen  that no one has seen before, something new and exciting and then you stand above the rest.

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 07:18:18 AM »
I think nowadays the most important is to find an open door. I mean, when there's someone able to read your script, to hear your ideas, there's a possibility to get inside the Hollywood system. Normally waht you usually find is all the doors closed. Filmmakers and producers receive thousands of scripts a day and most of them finish at the garbage at the end of the day, unfortunatly.

Here in Spain I've tried to show my scripts and untill now I haevn't found any open door. I agree with Alana, being original and having a good idea are very important, but I'm sure that many good ideas finish in the trash at the end of the day. So my advice is to know people who work inside, to know well how it works, adn to find the right moment and the right place to present your script. The scripts you (we) write are our treasures, and we should take care about what we do with them.

Good luck

PD: I'm writing right now a short novel (about 120 pages) and I hope to find some door opened.

Dame Nature moves in Strange Ways

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 12:26:28 PM »
I think the availability of the means with which to work is only good for the film community. I mean, all you need now is a good idea. And who would want to get into the film industry based on their equipment rather than their artistic ability anyway?
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.