Sequel?

Author Topic: Sequel?  (Read 1977 times)

manojrules

• The Sixth Sense

Sequel?
« on: July 12, 2008, 12:12:07 PM »
Do you think there might be a sequel to this movie, like maybe Alma breathed in a little of the plant's chemical and it affects her child since she's pregnant, or what happens in France after the chemicals hit there? or if the chemicals spread to more places, since it already started to affect France? It's easy to imagine it without a sequel, and I think that since on TV they said that they dont believe its a warning since it was only in the East Coast, but then it's in France to prove the guy wrong that it really is a warning off reject, and I think that it showing France being affected is supposed to be a twist ending or something, but what do you think?

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: Sequel?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 12:35:20 PM »
I was thinking about the sequel. Then I realized that M.Night doesn't do sequels at all. And personally, I don't want any sequel on any M.Night movie. To me they are all a CORNER STONE...

Rohan

GothMan

• The Happening

• Personal Text
    You should close your eyes to see the Truth.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »
I think a sequel is not a good idea talking about M. Night's movies. All of his works are complete. Ended.
"A common misperception of me is... That all my movies have twist endings, or that they're all scary. All my movies are spiritual and all have an emotional perspective." (M. Night Shyamalan)

Lieutenantnike

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 12:30:15 AM »
I think a sequel is not a good idea talking about M. Night's movies. All of his works are complete. Ended.

This is exactly what I was going to write as soon as I saw the topic title. Night's too good for sequels. And sequels in general are just waaaaay too risky--I'm glad he's waited until Avatar to make one. And it's a movie that really -needs- a sequel.

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 07:22:48 AM »
I also agreee with Goth Man, his films haven't open endings, that's something more typical for commercial strategics of Hollywood. His films are complete, also when some doors stay opened when the film is over, it's like if the film said: "the story doesn't finish here, you can imagine how it'll cotinue"

Films are pieces of long stories that begins before the film and continue after the films, and good movies are those which show us the best piece of that story (that's my own point of view about movies, of course), and then they don't need sequels, because sequels usually show us worse parts of the whole story.

Shyamalan is an expert showing us the essential of the stories, I hope he won't do a sequel.
Dame Nature moves in Strange Ways

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 04:01:25 PM »
Yeah, Shyamalan always gives us a sense of "life goes on" or even "life begins here" at the end of his movies (Unbreakable: Elijah revealed as villain, TheVillage: "I'm Back",  Signs: Priest collar back on, etc)  Plus, I think Shyamalan should try to get as far away from The Happening as he can after this lol if he tried to continue it, who knows how messed up it would get?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:08:26 PM by Namaste »
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.