A messagge from Nature?

Author Topic: A messagge from Nature?  (Read 8014 times)

ALF

• The Village

• Email
A messagge from Nature?
« on: July 18, 2008, 01:53:44 AM »
Hi, yesterday I saw again the Happening, and it was like I had thought before: I liked it more than the first time. For those who still have doubts about the film I'd like to say that some films need time to be well appreciated, so give it time.

I like the film because it is simple and basic what it's happening, but also so scary. I like the moments when experts give their ideas about what's happening. I like the way they talk about the nature and this suddenly attack against the humans.

Did you realize about the advertising in the movie? Just after Elliot, his wife and the boys run when they see some people killing theyselves (the moment when a man dies under the machine) they cross a field and there's a big advertising about new houses in costruction. It was funny, because the advertising says on the top: YOU DESERVE IT!! I thought it was a funny messagge that Shyamalan put in the movie. yesterday watching the movie I felt that it was a messagge for the characters: you deserve it, because of what you're doing with Nature.

;D
Dame Nature moves in Strange Ways

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: A messagge from Nature?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 11:47:33 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that the first time. I thought it was pretty funny.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 08:59:57 PM »
I got the nature getting back at humans deal, but I just wished he could have show us what was killining the people or making them kill themselves.  Anything would have been good, like giving us a close up on a flower or bush just before it's about to spray toxins out into the air.  Or anything.  Maybe I need to watch the moviwe again cause I've only seen it once.

Leggy

• Personal Text
    Appa! Yip! Yip!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »
i loved this movie!
i watched 3 times in the theaters.
but yeah im pretty sure that it might happen later on like in 100 years or so. we really need to start taking care of this planet!!

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 01:27:45 PM »
I dont think it was so much about nature getting back at humans as it was about nature defending itself.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 04:42:13 PM »
Check this out..really weird conspiracy theory video about The Happening, hahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLFww-o7t6c

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 11:40:46 AM »
I noticed that sign that you are talking about "ALF". I thought it was funny, but you are right this is an message. The whole point of this movie is a message.

The experts are serious. Anything is possible, we have the brain to think about it. If you don't take care of something, that something which pretty much could be anything will decay with time.

Also agree with NAMASTE, nature defending itself here. I know there is more to explain, somehow its not coming to me to explain. That would be really appreciated if NAMASTE explain to us the point of Nature defending itself here.

Rohan

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 11:42:28 AM by Rohan »

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 05:27:44 PM »
Well, Wahlberg's character pretty much explained it in the movie when he talked about how certain plants release chemicals to repel or attract certain animals..they have poisons, etc.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 01:17:24 PM »
Yeah, at least the message is pretty simple in the movie.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 10:16:39 PM »
Yeah, at least the message is pretty simple in the movie.

Simple and big time important.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 01:13:50 PM »
Matter of opinion and facts.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 01:50:56 PM »
well i think it is important..its just not earth shaking because it's so obvious. it's like saying, "the fact that the craft in War of the World were trying to 'teraform' earth is very important to the movie"

(lol how ironic to use the word "teraform" when in reality they were trying to un-teraform the earth..i just don't know any word to describe what they were actually doing)

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 01:43:31 PM »
I was talking about the end of the world and the way we are treating it.

dana

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 08:05:19 PM »
seriously.  I walked around inside the park for two days bowing.  some subliminal message.  perhaps.  so average.  almost like a soap.  without thinking, I began picking stuff up.  sounded like mother nature saying, "while your down there."  then me myself and I , well, we all had to get tickled.  (silently)  perhaps I'm merely off my rocker.  I only opened my eyes because I figured he might ought to be paying more attention to his patients.  other than that, he may look out the window as often as he'd like.  sharp instruments and all that they are.  cuckoo cuckoo

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 12:47:48 AM »
seriously.  I walked around inside the park for two days bowing.  some subliminal message.  perhaps.  so average.  almost like a soap.  without thinking, I began picking stuff up.  sounded like mother nature saying, "while your down there."  then me myself and I , well, we all had to get tickled.  (silently)  perhaps I'm merely off my rocker.  I only opened my eyes because I figured he might ought to be paying more attention to his patients.  other than that, he may look out the window as often as he'd like.  sharp instruments and all that they are.  cuckoo cuckoo

interesting. I hope no one asks me to explain that. It's hard enough to explain it to myself, let alone someone else. But i think i understand what you're getting at here. i like how you use "soap" to describe average, and windows as sharp objects (or was it his [your?] eyes? or are the eyes the window to the soul?).