Just watched the happening again

Author Topic: Just watched the happening again  (Read 9150 times)

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Just watched the happening again
« on: July 19, 2008, 12:02:02 AM »
a few new things (for me) i caught:

In all the park scenes where the toxin strikes, there are people with dogs. It appears Shyamalan is making a point that the animals are not affected and the toxin is very targetted to humans. and..some other things..i dont really feel like finishing this post right now lol. What page was I on?
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Erin

• Signs

• The Future is Unwritten
Re: Just watched the happening again
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 08:39:07 AM »
I noticed that and I was thinking it was because animals are victims, the only responsibles are human beings, who are destroying the earth. But when the lion eats the man in the zoo, it doesn't seem to be afraid, while dogs escape. I dont know why.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 03:25:44 PM »
As a matter of fact, in this society I am speaking for the whole world. Animals, birds, insects, raptiles, fishes, plants are all the victims. We are bad and its sad to know this. And we sit and cry when something happens. We Are The Most Dangerous Animals.

I was reading LIFE OF PI, this small part in the novel makes so much sense. The Pi's father is running a zoo and during the day the zoo is open and runs with good business. At the zoo entrance there is curtian on the TABLE and asks a question. DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S THE MOST DANGEROUS ANIMAL IN THE ZOO?. The people are curious to find out what's that animal. They Left the curtain up and there is a BIG MIRROR....

The Happening makes sense in all the ways. I wonder why people are saying its dumb....

Rohan

Erin

• Signs

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 05:23:55 PM »
It seems to be a great book and I want to read it ! do u think shyamalan made a wink to the book he wanted to make a version ?

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 06:51:49 PM »
It seems to be a great book and I want to read it ! do u think shyamalan made a wink to the book he wanted to make a version ?

If you are talking about Life Of PI, I think M.Night is not linked with it anymore. The rights to book is already signed by an studio. I don't know which one though and seems like it they are going to choose their own director. I just wish they choose M.Night, but I don't think they will.

Rohan

Erin

• Signs

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 05:12:00 AM »
yes, he isn't link anymore with the project but don't u think it can't be a wink to this book ?

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 12:06:51 PM »
I just starting reading Life of Pi, I am around 1/3 through it and I am really glad Night is not making this movie... so far at least.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 03:34:32 PM »
I just starting reading Life of Pi, I am around 1/3 through it and I am really glad Night is not making this movie... so far at least.

Why you are glad M.Night is not making the movie?

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 10:12:18 PM »
The short answer is obvious, I don't like the book all the much so far. I don't want to give a long answer because I haven't finished the book yet and I don't want to dwell on the negatives.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 11:24:01 PM »
Really? I actually enjoyed the book quite a bit. I liked it.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 02:45:28 AM »
Wow, Dr. Malcom..imagine judging a Shyamalan film before the end.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 12:14:52 PM »
Ahhh, but this is not a Shyamalan film. I am quite aware that there is a twist towards the end of the book, but that is of no matter. The story, told in the first person, would be an awkward transition to film. Not only that, but the first half of the story, which to me is the most vital part (as it is responsible for pulling in the reader,) is as condescending as it is unconvincing.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 02:55:42 PM »
Actually I do remember the beginning of the book was a little difficult to get in to. I remember I really got hooked once he was finally out on the ocean in the lifeboat, but I don't remember how far into the book that was.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 03:22:17 PM »
I like the book and its really good. The end is really awesome. I would love M.Night to direct this masterpiece and there will be a oscar buzz for sure.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 01:44:05 PM »
Never read the book, don't really have that much of an interest in it.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village