Just watched the happening again

Author Topic: Just watched the happening again  (Read 9344 times)

Leggy

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Appa! Yip! Yip!
Re: Just watched the happening again
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »
lol i saw 3 times in the movies  ;D

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2008, 08:05:26 PM »
lol i saw 3 times in the movies  ;D

Tell us the difference between 'The First Time" you watched it and For "The Third Time".

Rohan

Leggy

• Personal Text
    Appa! Yip! Yip!
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 04:38:15 PM »
well there was a lot of things that i caught that i didnt catch the first or second time.
but i enjoyed it more.  ;D

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 11:22:15 AM »
LOL check out this SNL clip of Mark Wahlberg talking to ANIMALS  (instead of plants)
I think it will only be the main video for today, but maybe u can find it anyway.

http://www.myspace.com/primetime
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 01:00:15 PM »
I saw it three times in theaters, each time with a different group of people, but most everybody like it.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 05:25:07 PM »
I saw it three times as well in theatres.  And everyone liked it then too.  Maybe they were just trying to appease me...

But the weird thing is, when I run into someone who didnt like it (i never bring it up, i cannot stress that enough), and we have a face to face conversation, I can see their opinions slightly changing.  I get a lot of "that's right" or "yeah, that's true", when I counter what they hate with how else they can see it (I never go on the offensive).  Not that that says anything about me, but just that people are really quick to judge.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 07:22:06 PM »
I do best when i can get them to watch the movie with me and i'll do a scene by scene commentary to explain to them whats going on behind the plot, etc.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Cleveland Heep

• LITW

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 10:01:07 PM »
Ive said this before but I'll say it again

I honestly think...

This is my prediction:

If they had kept the opening scene that was deleted, the movie would have made AT LEAST 50 million more dollars.

I know it's strange and it's the first time I COMPLETELY, 100% Disagreed with Shyamalan but that opening scene NEEDED to be there.

THAT WOULD have clarified so much and the whole journey Alma and Elliott take would have been so much more meaningful.

I LOVED THAT OPENING SCENE. THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPPPPTTTT IT. IT SET THE STAGE UP SO WELLLLLLL.

the rest of the features were normal. i liked the "elements of a scene" one a lot.

but seriously,

that was an amazing opening.

The first time my Mom saw she didnt like it at all and then when i played the titles, went to the deleted scenes, played the fight, then went back to the central park scene and watched the whole movie, she was crying at the baby scene.

It explains the whole journey, the baby problems and EVERYTHING>

Like I said, first time I COMPLETELY disagreed with Night.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 01:33:36 PM »
It's a good scene, but I still like the way it opened, the intensity, the deaths, it was like, wow, even for Night it doesn't start off this intense, but I agree, at least some of that scene should have made it into the final cut.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 10:20:53 PM »
I'll say this again. Shyamalan could have done like signs, and made the scene into a series of flashbacks throughout the movie to explain some of what was going on.

Kable

• Signs

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 06:31:30 PM »
Since we?re talking about further impressions, I suggest you read this article.. It was the best thing I?ve ever read about The Happening.

http://storibord.blogspot.com/2008/06/further-thoughts-on-happening.html

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2008, 09:13:10 PM »
That's an interesting review. I especially like the last paragraph.

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008, 09:03:45 AM »

The Happening makes sense in all the ways. I wonder why people are saying its dumb....

Rohan

'cas they don't get the movie. You think they can notice vast amount of symbolism and insight within Shy's movies? Hell no. They will always choose Transformers over Happening, because, unlike Happening they don't understand - Transformers make PERFECT SENSE - Space robots come to defend Earth and fight space robots. (for the likes of myself that can't get it while reading, this was sarcasm).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:07:02 AM by Decadent Sympozium »
Manoj Night Shyamalan is Charles Baudelaire of movie art. That is non-deniable. Baudelaire's value is non-deniable.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 08:12:25 AM »
 :o Can't wait to see this opening scene you're telling about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 02:00:39 PM »
When does the DVD come out for you?