The final villian before Mr. Glass

Author Topic: The final villian before Mr. Glass  (Read 3228 times)

MrStone

• LITW

The final villian before Mr. Glass
« on: July 25, 2008, 06:48:40 PM »
i was thinking about something today...

the criminal villian who killed the two parents at the end of the movie...did Mr. Glass set that up too?

Here's why i thought this.

Mr. Glass set up all the catastrophes to find David.

It is also mentioned that there are two kinds of villians...

the one that the hero fights physically...and the other that fights the hero with his mind.

though it's not stated in the film, i think it COULD make sense that Night intended that Mr Glass (with his diabolique) helped the criminal (dressed in prison orange) escape from prison to raise havoc.

thoughts?

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
Re: The final villian before Mr. Glass
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 06:59:05 AM »
Intresting, but I don't think about it like that. I believe that Mr. Glass and the Orange Villian don't know each other. If Mr. Glass did make a set up, I believe Night would give a clue in purple, not in orange.
Also, I don't believe that Mr. Glass is a real threat to David, he doesn't fight him. Mr. Glass searched for David in many ways, evil ways. The villian used his mind to get what he wants, he doesn't fight.
He is a villian, but looks at the world differently. Just off normal. I believe Night should have given Samual L. Jackson larger eyes ;)
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 08:43:14 PM »
I'd have to see the movie again and look at the circumstances around the orange suit guy. I wish you had used some sort of evidence to support your claim though (from the movie). I'll look into it i guess..
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 12:35:32 AM »
Well, at the end breakfast scene they are pouring ORANGE juice into a GLASS. Who knows?

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 02:24:13 AM »
OMG sanford...you beat me to it..i was just about to post about that. All you people interested in unbreakable have got to read this post im doing right now. I just watched the movie again and have a lot to say about it.

(oh and the guy in orange wasnt from, prison..he was just a maintenance worker.)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 02:26:15 AM by Namaste »
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »
i know there is no connection in the movie - i'm just saying,...

kind of like how people took "the happening" ideas and ran with them without evidence...

not that i'm criticizing anyone for their ideas..just thought i'd elaborate on a world night created ...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 05:50:12 PM by MrStone »

Kuzon

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 10:25:16 PM »
I just saw this movie today and I think you're right about that...
ジャクソン

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 06:53:13 AM »
SERIOUSLY look at my post "UNBREAKABLE (broken down)"  i talk more about those topics

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 12:06:54 PM »
MrStone makes a good point though, with Night's films you can always toss around ideas, even though they'll be proven wrong, it helps to work out the film.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village