Shyamalan bats for Obama at NJ fundraiser

Author Topic: Shyamalan bats for Obama at NJ fundraiser  (Read 2683 times)

Sri HK

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Shyamalan bats for Obama at NJ fundraiser
« on: July 28, 2008, 12:26:23 AM »

Shyamalan bats for Obama at NJ fundraiser 8)
Sunday, 07.27.2008, 10:06pm (GMT-7)

NEW JERSEY: For Indian origin Hollywood filmmaker Manoj Night Shyamalan it was the idea for a movie script - a young person of African-American and White descent becoming the President of America. Rejected by critics then, that notion did not make it to the big screen, but now, "only a few years later an idea rejected by critics even for a movie script is becoming reality," said Shyamalan at a fundraiser for Sen. Barack Obama held at the Royal Albert Palace in New Jersey on July 23.

Special guest Shyamalan represented Obama who was on an overseas tour at the time. The $5000 per person event to raise funds from the Indian American community was hosted by Democratic supporters Prakash Shah, H.R. Shah and Albert Jasani. Speaking about the recent Democratic primaries, Shyamalan talked about how his family would typically witness heated dinner table conversations with his dad being a strong Hillary Clinton supporter and he and his siblings preferring the younger Sen. Obama for his promise of a new and fresh vision for a change.

Shyamalan said that with Obama as a world leader the US will go from a country hated in the World under the Bush Presidency to one that would be loved, respected and admired once again. Shyamalan, although normally not political, said that anyone including his two daughters, regardless of their race, class or national origin can aspire to achieve the ultimate American Dream of becoming the President of the United States and therefore the Leader of the Free World. Present on the occasion was Mark Alexander, Senior Advisor to Obama Campaign and until recently the New Jersey Director for the Obama Primary Election Campaign. Edison Mayor Jun Choi, an early Obama supporter, also made his presence felt at the event.

Source: http://indiapost.com/article/usnews/3374/
What you see isn't always what u get.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: Shyamalan bats for Obama at NJ fundraiser
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 02:52:51 AM »
Yeah..cuz Obama was inspired by the cookbook!
And Sri HK what is your signature from? a Shyamalan movie?
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 09:04:10 AM »
That's interesting, well at least he's involved politically, use your rights as American's to influence change if you don't like the current situation.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Sri HK

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 10:26:40 PM »
That's interesting, well at least he's involved politically, use your rights as American's to influence change if you don't like the current situation.

Yup. And Obama '08....if i may say. (And may i add......or else we are screwed)

« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 01:15:09 AM by Sri HK »

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 12:32:14 AM »
Hell no..I'm writing in Ron Paul if i have to.   ;x
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Sri HK

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 01:16:10 AM »
Yeah..cuz Obama was inspired by the cookbook!
And Sri HK what is your signature from? a Shyamalan movie?

Naah.  Just my take on "What you see is what you get."

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 03:13:32 AM »
i bet u like my siggy, eh?  ;D

Unbreakable888

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 12:37:08 AM »
Duck you all, I'm writing my own name down for president.