A message to all M. Night fans who don't watch Avatar

Author Topic: A message to all M. Night fans who don't watch Avatar  (Read 1283 times)

ACDCguy

• The Happening

A message to all M. Night fans who don't watch Avatar
« on: July 28, 2008, 03:36:09 AM »
For all who are fans of M. Night's work but are uneducatied to the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender. You should watch the show to better understand the spirituality and mythology that inspired your favourite director into making it a live action film trilogy.

I have seen and very much liked The Sixth Sense, but I come here as an Avatar fan. I, in my opinion know that only M. Night can take on the challenge of bringing avatar to the big screen and I wouldn't trust anyother director, even my favourite directors Steven Spielberg, and Tim Burton.
M. Night has a type of balance when working on something thrilling or complete fantesy. I have not seen The Lady in the Water but do know that it was wrongfuly put down because it was something that made you think. I don't like movie that are plain and simple, there's nothing to talk about afterwards. Critics that look for just "plain and simple" movie styles must not get out much.
Spielberg would make it too actioney and drive it away from it's story arch and make too much changes. And Burton would make it dark and unusual (but get the style of the character Mai just perfectly).

I will watch some M. Night movies to better understand his style and I hope other Avatar fans do the same and M. Night fans I hope will watch Avatar: The Last Airbender to understand why Night decided to make it into a movie. Let all hope that this film series is a hit and will impress both types of fans.

I all hopes that Avatar and M. Night fans come together on July 2, 2010 to watch the epic movie The Last Airbender.

Thank you for taking your time in reading my extreamely long, and boring message :)

"It's a giant mushroom. MAYBE IT'S FRIENDLY!!!" 

Kuzon

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Me withOUT hair...
Re: A message to all M. Night fans who don't watch Avatar
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 02:26:44 PM »
Maybe Shyamalan should have Tim Burton create the perfect Mai...

"Friendly mushroom! Mushy giant friend!"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:30:48 PM by Kuzon »
ジャクソン

Bright.123

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    bright-tastic!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 01:27:06 AM »
I admit, I came here as an avatard.

But Night is an amazing director.
He has such a unique, inspiring outlook and such a creative mind, and his twists are genius.
The Sixth Sense, obviously being the most well-known, is a wonderful wonderful, slightly frightening (ok, i almost died of fright), movie.

I trust Night to make A:tlA the best it can be.

ellebeifong

• Signs

• Personal Text
    The avatars #1 fan girl!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 08:09:54 PM »
I'm a member of his fansite and I haven't seen one of his movies  :-[