2 (7.1%)
Sanhlami
1 (3.6%)
You!
5 (17.9%)
NOT JONATHAN NGYUEN!
17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Aangs Actor  (Read 6991 times)

Matt800

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Re: Aangs Actor
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 06:38:11 PM »
Sure. If he wants to play Aang he should definitely try for it! He seems very qualified, but its up to the casting to decide. My advice would be to really work on his acting, to give him the best chance possible. Maybe get him a lesson with a good acting coach. That would help a lot.

thejohngalt

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2008, 06:41:11 PM »
Matt,...being that they are working on the audition tape tonight, you really think he will be able to get a coach ;)
I think his mom can help him as a coach...
If you are doing the sides with him a suggestion would have him act cheery and happy. Show his emotion as most as you can in the video.

Matt800

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2008, 06:45:15 PM »
well... I would assume they would take more than a day on the video. It takes a lot of time and work to make a good video, and I am guessing they would do several run throughs to see what he needs to work on first. An acting coach is highly suggested for those new to acting before they audition. In the case for those trying for aang, the video is their audition so I would suggest trying to get a lesson with an acting coach before filming the sides. There is a lot of time left, so theres no sense in rushing it.

thejohngalt

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 06:49:25 PM »
Ya, eight days left before the deadline for Aang stuff definitley will give time for the acting coach. Not only will it cost money, but they have to find an acting coach. It took me a little time to even prepare everything on the computer, does he have his headshots or resume I wondder?? Also, they might send it by snail mail.

Matt800

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 06:53:41 PM »
lol yes they seem very prepared.  She just posted several of perris' photos today, and they've already done his resume. BTW the dealine is the 15th so they have more than enough time to do a good job. Acting coaches will cost money but if you want to be an actor, you should get lessons anyways.

thejohngalt

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2008, 06:57:50 PM »
So, it was the 15th, I was repeatedly told the 2nd. Again, is the video going to be of the sides...which they would use if sending through the Lastairbender.com or of anything.....? That would tell if they needed an acting coach. As long as you act yourself then your good...

dajanerz

• Unbreakable

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2008, 07:04:54 PM »
he took an acting workshop before and we're going to try to get in touch with the coach.  Problem is he may be in Phoenix teaching now.
And how easy is it to find a "good" acting coach?  Any referrals in Vegas anyone?  

The deadline for Aang is the 15th according to thelastairbender.com.  I've also emailed them and they confirmed they want to see a video audition of the sides.  Everywhere it states No Experience Required...   

we'll do the best we can

thanks again everyone!

Matt800

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2008, 07:24:13 PM »
he took an acting workshop before and we're going to try to get in touch with the coach.  Problem is he may be in Phoenix teaching now.
And how easy is it to find a "good" acting coach?  Any referrals in Vegas anyone?  

The deadline for Aang is the 15th according to thelastairbender.com.  I've also emailed them and they confirmed they want to see a video audition of the sides.  Everywhere it states No Experience Required...   

we'll do the best we can

thanks again everyone!

awesome! Sorry but I dont know about the acting coach quality in Vegas. :) Im sure anyone with a good resume would be beneficial to get a lesson with. If Perris' previous coach is gone, you could try asking him for reccomendations for another coach. Also, if you keep us up to date on your submission work, we will all do our best to help you out! For Example: some people have been posting their videos, so we can critique them. We're all rooting for Perris  ;D

Bright.123

• Personal Text
    bright-tastic!
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2008, 07:46:36 PM »
I love Perris!
He seems very qualified and he resembles Aang.
Not to mention he has a wise look in one of the photos thats very Aang-y.
I can't recommend anyone in Vegas right now, but if your coach is going to be out of town for awhile, I'd ask him for recommendations.
Or you can just google it!
Ahaa.
And keep us updated, we're very glad to help you out.
It's so nice to see a parent involved, helping their child(ren) to try for this.
A lot of the people on here don't have their parents support, so it's nice to see someone fully supporting their kid.

ellebeifong

• Signs

• Personal Text
    The avatars #1 fan girl!!!
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2008, 08:03:27 PM »
His smile is perfect
He's sooo cute I wanna adopt him!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 08:23:49 PM by ellebeifong »

Bright.123

• Personal Text
    bright-tastic!
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2008, 11:05:20 PM »
I do too, but I doubt his mother would let us, ahahaha.
Maybe we will get to squeeze (read:hug) him if we all get parts.

dajanerz

• Unbreakable

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2008, 02:19:27 PM »
I love Perris!
He seems very qualified and he resembles Aang.
Not to mention he has a wise look in one of the photos thats very Aang-y.
I can't recommend anyone in Vegas right now, but if your coach is going to be out of town for awhile, I'd ask him for recommendations.
Or you can just google it!
Ahaa.
And keep us updated, we're very glad to help you out.
It's so nice to see a parent involved, helping their child(ren) to try for this.
A lot of the people on here don't have their parents support, so it's nice to see someone fully supporting their kid.

Thanks   :)
We just want to to be supportive of his talents.  This is a big deal to him and all your comments count.  He reads them with me too!

His smile is perfect
He's sooo cute I wanna adopt him!!!!!!

You can't adopt him but you can give him a hug (if he'll let you.. he's still shy)   :D

innocence

• LITW

• Email
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2008, 02:21:06 PM »
Everyone here is very kind and supportive (:
But I still vote britney gets the part ;D