Audition/Casting Information and Updates

Author Topic: Audition/Casting Information and Updates  (Read 6142 times)

vamptasticavatar

• The Avatar

Audition/Casting Information and Updates
« on: August 29, 2008, 06:31:02 PM »
Ok I got tired of coming back to this forum and seeing 10 or so pages added to the Audition thread and none of it pertaining to actual auditions, so this thread is going to be SPECIFICALLY for updates on casting/auditioning. If you find something that has to do with auditions  or someone that has gotten casted you can post it here, otherwise

NO. OFF. TOPICNESS

This also isn't going to be the place to discuss if your resume or anything is good, we have a thread for that

KEEP IT ON AUDITIONS

iamkatara

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Re: Audition/Casting Information and Updates
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 06:59:25 PM »
known info:

- Doug Aibel is the casting director for the movie, Gail Levin is filling in for him while he is away
- All submissions for gail should be in. All submissions to Doug are good until mid-september
- send a cover letter, resume, and headshot to the casting director, along with a video if you so please
- ALL PARTS ARE OPEN(so as told to me by the Henry guy at Vineyard)
- thelastairbendercasting.com is legit, as is the actors access website
- the parts that they are searching for RIGHT NOW are Aang, Katara, Sokka, and Zuko. More MIGHT come.
- Ask me, matt800, or Pirate_Jeff if you need any help on audition videos or cover letters. You can also ask in the Gailbenders thread.
- Filming won't begin until spring of '09.
- We have lots of very talented people on this forum ;D

Now lets all keep on topic. :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 07:03:05 PM by iamkatara »

Matt800

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 07:15:32 PM »
To add to what Iamkatara said:

-Aang submissions to paramount/gail levin through www.thelastairbendercasting.com are due by september 15th
-other submissions to gail levin/paramount have already been reviewd and if you havent recieved a callback you most likely wont through them. (if you sent in late you still might hear back within the next few days).
-The casting directors value the photo the most. What you look like is the majority of their decision. Make sure your photo is great.
-the address to Douglas Aibel is:

Vineyard Theatre
108 East 15th Street
New York, NY 10003

You can put ATTN: Last Airbender Movie Casting or send it to Douglas Aibel. Either should be fine

-IF you have questions DO NOT call the casting directors, ask here, and if we cant answer we will either encourage you to ask, or have a representative to ask several questions at once to minimize calling (probably Pirate Jeff) ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 07:17:08 PM by Matt800 »

Cappucino787

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 09:59:52 PM »
Well, this might help, i sent them an email to confirm the info and this is what i got back:

"Doug will be the casting director, but he is on hiatus now.  We have been filling in while he has been away.  He will be returning in mid-September.  At that point, he will be looking through ALL of the kids (probably well over a thousand) we have auditioned.  He may or may not continue to read new people.  I don?t know.  You can always send a submission to him, but I wouldn?t do so until mid-September, as he is not yet back to working on this project.  You are correct that it is too late to submit via actors access.  We have already selected all of the people we intend to see prior to Doug?s return."

GotRice

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 11:28:03 AM »
EDITED ON SEPTEMBER 21, 2008

Things to include in your envelope when sending to Doug Aibel;

-Picture
-Resume
-Cover Letter (optional)
-Video (optional)

the cover Letter is optional. You dont have to do it but it is highly
recommended if your resume is a bit weak. In other words, it will heighten
your chances.

the video is optional. They have clearly said that you can send a video
with your submission but it does not mean they are going to look at it.
In other words, it wont change your chances, unless you sent a video
and they actually see your bad at acting-vice versa.

If you are making a video...
do not use the sides, its been asked through paramount before
just either look for a monologue in the internet or get scripts from ASN.
Those sides are for auditioning not for submissions.

There is no real deadline into submitting your material
it is on a rolling basis, you can send whenever but recommended as soon as possible.
also if you havent heard within 3 weeks or more, I suggest send another one
that is a bit different to your first submission you sent.

and if you sent in something by August 21 before through Gail Levin.
you are safe, and you submission will be looked at.
although if you havent received a callback from her by now, you will never get one.

Here are the recent conversations that went through with Doug Aibel:
HELLO FRIENDS! GOOD NEWS!!

I called Mr. Aibel's office today with our questions,  so here is how the conversation went:

"Hello, my name is *blank* and I represent a group of actors submitting for the Last Airbender."
"Oh, hi Jeff! You called once before, correct?"
"Yes that's me." (He remembered my name  :D )
anway, here's the questions and answers:

1.When is the deadline to send in a headshot/resume?
 -"There is still time. Casting starts in the middle of September, so I would aim to have it in sometime in the next few weeks. We haven't even started yet, though."

2. Is there any advantage to sending in a video with a submission?
 -"No, not really. If you include a video, there is no garuntee that we will look at it. We might, but I doubt it. We will, however, look at the headshot and resume." (GotRice, he made it sound like you only send one)

3. Are there separate submissions for secondary characters?
 -"No, this is it. If we think you look like a secondary character, you will get a callback for that character."

4. I understand that Gail Levin has already collected submissions. If we have sent in to her, do we still need to send in to you?
-"Yes. We are in no way affiliated with Gail Levin's casting process. We are starting fresh, so I recommend sending in to us too."

Ok so that was the call. I don't have time to talk now, so if you have questions, just PM me and I'll answer them. There you go! Good luck with your resumes and headshots!

And Tahnee, why did you call?? We agreed that only one person would call to limit the number of calls going into them. Ugggh never mind, it just seems silly that two of us would call and ask the exact same questions...  :( tell us before you call, please.

OK I'm off to go sing in the Wizard of Oz! Wish me some real leg-breakage!!  :D Cheerio!

Sorry for the double post, but this needed to be posted.

I FOUND OUT INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are they really starting fresh/i.e. getting rid of the paramount auditions?
No. They are taking the best from the ones that came in from LA and now are alost auditioning others.

What is the casting layout going to be like?
     accepting new submissions   yes
     deadline for submissions?    no. they are on a rolling basis until they find the perfect person
     when are they evaluating those that auditioned    all the time. again, a rolling basis
     final auditions/final cast there are no permanent final auditions. if they find the right person, they'll stop the auditions for that person.
Submissions outside the us?        YES!

DO NOT BELIEVE MOST OF THE OTHER FORUMS THAT CASTING IS DONE!!!
LIKE IMDB, BuddyTV, etc.

they are either misinformed or didnt do any of their homework
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 10:32:56 PM by GotRice »

shadowbender

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 11:51:26 AM »
How did you guys find out Doug was also casting? Sorry, I've been gone for a while.

vamptasticavatar

• The Avatar

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 05:11:12 PM »
iamkatara called someone...I think it was Gail but not sure...and they said that she was just taking over while Doug was on vacation

happyelectrons

• Personal Text
    made by frozen
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 05:59:55 PM »
iamkatara called Doug Aibel and found all this out. Then Pirate_Jeff called and confirmed.

DrKay

• The Village

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 08:26:39 AM »
So its coming up to the deadline for the Aang audition, is it okay if I sk for a final "Whats going on?"?. So the Zuko/Sokka/Katara positions are now officially closed? By the way, is it at all possible to email an electronic copy of an audition and word documents? I've only just heard of the auditions, and ((not to be interpretted as a boast)) I am an actor, I have been on TV before and several stage productions and am currently due for a Drama Uni, I am visiting Asia now and so if I sent in something today even, there is no chance it will reach LA till like 9 days...No alternative? I was thinking of desperately finding someone in LA and sending them the documents and video file and getting them to send it it for me :S.

iamkatara

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 01:56:21 PM »
please don't post this here. it's just for OFFICIAL info. Ask this in the audition boards

[/armchair modding]

gwags33

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 04:20:05 PM »
please don't post this here. it's just for OFFICIAL info. Ask this in the audition boards

[/armchair modding]

stop acting like you own this forum iamkatara....im pretty sure no one here respects you...

shadowbender

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 04:34:25 PM »

[/armchair modding]

stop acting like you own this forum iamkatara....im pretty sure no one here respects you...

Here we go again. Let's clear something up, shall we? Iamkatara was simply trying to help, she wasn't trying to rule this forum. And also, you are indeed sounding just like Skuiishot. And last time I checked, Iamkatara was here longer than you. So please, stop being a jerk-off.

Alana1991

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 05:46:53 PM »
^I agree^

Anyways
Matt stated in The audition thread that casting will most likely end November first and they will be doing the process in October.

iamkatara

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 06:04:17 PM »
That'll be most likely what is going to happen considering shooting is in may. That'll give them more than enough time to find the perfect choices.

And i'm sorry Gwags33. I was only trying to make the mods job a little easier. I'm sorry to have annoyed you somehow.

Matt800

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 06:11:21 PM »
That'll be most likely what is going to happen considering shooting is in may. That'll give them more than enough time to find the perfect choices.

And i'm sorry Gwags33. I was only trying to make the mods job a little easier. I'm sorry to have annoyed you somehow.

the casting is planning on ending late october, they will decide on the cast by november first--assuming nothing pops up that delays them. Between then and may i think they will be trying to prepare the cast for the film.