The Road: They are "each the other's world entire.

Author Topic: The Road: They are "each the other's world entire.  (Read 55007 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: The Road: They are "each the other's world entire.
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2009, 10:33:20 PM »
Looks pretty good. 

I know. Looks closely realistic like the book. Except the first part of the trailer was made for production so audience could get the idea from it.

shadowbender

« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2009, 08:13:20 PM »
I saw the trailer yesterday, and I'm very impressed. Really looking forward to this.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2009, 10:28:23 PM »
I saw the trailer yesterday, and I'm very impressed. Really looking forward to this.

This movie is going to be a great movie.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2009, 02:09:16 PM »
I have been reading on the net that it was a bad decision by the studios on making the book into the movie. They are saying it for various reasons, such as it won't make much money, or it's too depressing.

I don't know how many people care about this movie here in this forum, but whoever read the book like I did will understand the importance of the message behind the book. It is powerful and reiterate that this is a very important book for us. It will show us that how important the world is for us.

Some people won't get it that the goal of this movie isn't to make a killing at the box office, it's to put out a message to the world. Maybe you haven't come to terms with the fact that we are not permanent fixtures on this planet - there will be an end to civilization someday. It's uplifting to me, to know that love and hope can still exist at the end of it all. I can't think of a better time for this movie to come out, being that we are in the middle of a recession and all. I think it will force people to really look at what's important in life, and be thankful for everything we have.

shadowbender

« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2009, 04:21:24 PM »
There was one person comparing "The Road" to the video game "Fallout 3", with all of the abandoned places, the wasteland, cannibals, etc. If you like "The Road", then you should check out Fallout.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2009, 06:05:09 PM »
I've heard good things about fallout.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2009, 06:21:54 PM »
I know and I have never heard about fallout. Is it a video game or a movie. I am serious.  ::)

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2009, 10:23:46 PM »
It started out as a PC RPG with some semi-real-time battle scenarios, but I believe it may have come out for Xbox as well..don't quote me on that, though.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #113 on: June 16, 2009, 10:43:18 AM »
I read an article online in regards to the locations they scouted for shooting THE ROAD. There is a scene with a ship on the freeway. It is also shown in the trailer which was released few weeks ago. The makers stated that the ship scene is set in New Orleans and it is not a computer magic - it was due to the Hurricane Katrina.

shadowbender

« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2009, 05:25:09 PM »
It started out as a PC RPG with some semi-real-time battle scenarios, but I believe it may have come out for Xbox as well..don't quote me on that, though.

Yeah, Fallout 1 and 2 started out as PC games, they were about the apocalypse. Fallout 3 is a video game that was released on Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC last year. It revolves around a retro world set in the future, but still has a 50's type theme to it. A Nuclear War has raged on, and the world turns into a Wasteland. Most people go into underground vaults, where they live life safely from the radiation and dangers of the outside world/wasteland. In the game you build your own character, a person who was born in Vault 101. Your mother has died giving birth to you, and live with your father (Who's played by LIAM NEESON. Awesome.). But suddenly, when your father goes missing, you must leave the Vault and enter the Wasteland in order to find him. You encounter dangerous creatures, whom you must fight, and must choose to be good or evil. The game is amazing with it's great way of storytelling, cinematic and awesome action gameplay, and revolves deeply on the power of choice. Highly recommend anyone with a 360, PS3, or PC should buy it. One of the best games I've ever played.

Did I mention the game stars Liam Neeson?!?! And there are narrations by Ron Perlman! Yes.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2009, 04:34:47 PM »
I read an article online in regards to the locations they scouted for shooting THE ROAD. There is a scene with a ship on the freeway. It is also shown in the trailer which was released few weeks ago. The makers stated that the ship scene is set in New Orleans and it is not a computer magic - it was due to the Hurricane Katrina.

LOL I remember the boats in the streets downtown here in Charleston after hurricane Hugo (1989)

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2009, 06:06:37 PM »

LOL I remember the boats in the streets downtown here in Charleston after hurricane Hugo (1989)

That's crazy. I did some research to find some pictures of NEW ORLEANs distruction after (HC). I found lots water. I wanted to see that ship they shot in the movie.

Which state do you live in, Namaste?

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace

shadowbender

« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2009, 01:34:06 PM »
Nice pics.