Unbreakable Sequel: A may be?

Author Topic: Unbreakable Sequel: A may be?  (Read 14788 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: Unbreakable Sequel: A may be?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2008, 01:19:41 PM »
Unbreakable is like a study of storyboards, the way it was filmed.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Unbreakable888

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 07:25:26 AM »
If they would have ended the movie without the blatant "bad guy goes away forever" type of #@!* they keep pulling off, Unbreakable could have been a trilogy like it was panned out to be.

Unbreakable - David Dunn discovers his powers
Unbeatable - David Dunn fights the bad guys with his awesome strength
Unstoppable - David Dunn fights Elijah Price with his mind

Frankly I don't know how Night could return to a movie that had such a definite ending.

If Unbreakable wanted sequels, he would have cut the last parts of the movie and ended it with David's realization that he is Unbreakable. Then the next movie would have picked up among the lines, "This part won't be like a comic book" and the third would have started after David found out the truth - sort of like how the original Star Wars trilogy worked with Luke discovering he was the son of Darth Vader erm I mean Anakin Skywalker.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 01:04:51 PM »
ll, if you read the original script it ended with David finding out about Elijah, but walking out of the store, leaving it open for a sequel.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 01:20:10 PM »
that scene is so full of diagonal lines its INSANE. when you know they're there, you feel almost overwhelmed
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2008, 02:14:03 PM »
I'm strictly against any sequels to any of his movies and I hope he won't do it. It would definitely destroy a lot of...satisfaction...my personal. Hard to explain. Some things shouldn't be touched.
Manoj Night Shyamalan is Charles Baudelaire of movie art. That is non-deniable. Baudelaire's value is non-deniable.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 12:53:33 PM »
That makes perfect sense, and a lot of fans here feel that way, I wish there was a way you could find out what it would be like, then decide.

Kilgore Trout

• Wide Awake

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 09:06:10 AM »
If Night does this film, I will be there at the cinema to watch it. I think there is a very good potential for this movie to be great. I said that in an another post, in the first movie we got to see the past of Elijah / Mr. Glass, I would like to see Dunn's past in the sequel.... Maybe in the third installment we will see the Dunn's Kid's life :D I am just throwing ideas :D

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2009, 11:56:49 PM »
I don't think there'd be anything interesting in David's past...all we need to know is that he drowned, he played football, never got sick -yawn- had a car accident (which we did see in the original btw), got married, had a kid, etc. nothing really exciting. It would be more interesting to see more of elijah's past, though. Maybe he came accross more people he thought might be "special", his attacks, maybe he came accross other comic book experts, i dunno.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Kilgore Trout

• Wide Awake

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2009, 07:29:20 PM »
I don't think like that. In contrast to the knowledge David has, it would be fun to see  some interesting moments he had earlier in his life that he just thought normal. But when looking from the perspective with the knowledge that he is "unbreakable" they were not normal.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 10:10:05 PM »
ok, yeah that could be interesting...but I can't see it as a major plot element. Just..well, interesting lol. It's the kind of thing that makes a good movie better, but it doesnt make a good movie.

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    Heroes don't get killed like that.
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2009, 11:24:23 PM »
I'd love to know more about David Dunn. He's a mysterious figure. Did he demonstrate his powers earlier? If so, when and how? There are alot of questions.

Does that make up the whole plot of the movie...probably not.

standtall

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 10:50:32 PM »
I think it would be more interesting if the prequel were more centered around Elijah. The main action could be around him because he was more focused on what he would become earlier than David was. They could have some sort of cool twist of interaction @ the end, but the movie would follow the 2 stories separately most of the time, with David and his specialness thrown in every once in a while for flavor. The climax could be when Elijah has finally had enough and decides the path he will take once and for all.

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 11:48:29 PM »
Well, the question may be: if there is a prequel/sequel...whom does it follow. In other words...is the Unbreakable franchise devoted to David and Elijah. If it follows the movie and a classic comic book storyline...perhaps the "franchise" should primarily focus on those two....the super-hero and his arch-rival (villian).

I enjoyed Elijah. But it is David whom captured more of my imagination. Still, I do want to learn more about how "they arrived" at where we were introduced to them in Unbreakable. For example, I'd like to know more about his relationship with his mom...

You're right...it is intriguing to know when and why they went down the paths they chose.

standtall

p.s. my wife found Elijah more interesting too...she just told me!

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 11:57:30 PM »
Well it's not that I found Elijah more interesting (although now that you mention it, I think I do), just that his past would have been more interesting, since there are few super natural or even unique aspects in David's. I think part of what makes the movie great is just how normal and un-interesting David Dunn is when he discovers his ability.

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2009, 05:19:04 AM »
I agree about David's "ordinariness" being a big part of what makes this film so special...which is the point. Why did he live such an ordinary life? This is the question that intrigues me. Whereas...with Elijah...he took an almost predictable path towards isolation (no wife, friends and kids) and an unusual perspective on life . He experiences severe trauma {physical and mental- "Mr. Glass"} throughout his young life...and finds comfort and meaning {to his life} in the "make believe" world of comic books. With him...I already  know what happened...but what interests me is the people and events that may have offered him a different answer...

standtall
standtall