Unbreakable Sequel: A may be?

Author Topic: Unbreakable Sequel: A may be?  (Read 14752 times)

Kilgore Trout

• Wide Awake

Re: Unbreakable Sequel: A may be?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2009, 06:05:36 PM »
Of course the flashbacks will not be the central plot of the movie. But the kind of flashbacks I talked about can be connected to the centeral story, I think.

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    Heroes don't get killed like that.
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2009, 09:36:49 PM »
KT:

I agree with you. It is the central plot of a sequel that is the biggest challenge. Night set the bar almost impossibly high...

Can he get there? Maybe. If anybody can do it, he's the one.

standtall

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 02:57:03 PM »
I agree, nobody else but Night could do a sequel to Unbreakable.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Sri HK

What you see isn't always what u get.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 01:45:00 PM »
It's underrated because people don't even think about it being a superhero movie.

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2009, 10:11:28 PM »
Mr. Glass:

I know I didn't understand it was a "superhero" movie. I felt like a dunce when I learned it was; now I'm telling all my friends it is the best superhero movie ever made.

standtall

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2009, 02:16:21 PM »
standtall, don't feel like a dunce, lots of people don't even think or consider it a superhero movie, so don't beat yourself over the head.  Just keep doing what you're doing and telling people that it really is a superhero film.

standtall

• Unbreakable

• Personal Text
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2009, 08:59:19 AM »
I just told a friend how good it is; and this friend loves superheroes...has a big coffee book superhero book on her table...and she said the movie was "okay." And she loves the TV series "Heroes." I like it too. But it was M. Night who did it first and best.

She said she's not a big fan of Samuel Jackson. Maybe if she watches it again...she'll it appreciate it more. I know that's what happened with me.

standtall

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2009, 11:19:21 PM »
Heroes started out ok when the characters were still stereotypes which could be defined by their powers, but it got pretty weak. I do like the fact that it sheds light on the police state aspect of America though.

and Samuel Jackson was really good in the movie 1408 with john cusack. (good movie all around)
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2009, 01:48:02 PM »
I haven't seen any of Heroes, but I want to, at least the first season.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2009, 11:54:24 AM »
Yeah the first season is pretty much the only one worth making an effort to watch. I'll watch Heroes these days if im home and not doing anything when it comes on.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Sri HK

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 07:11:21 PM »
M. Night Shyamalan Still Considering ?Unbreakable? Sequel

On the surface, it might look like M. Night Shyamalan has moved on from ?Unbreakable,? the director?s fourth feature film. After all, he?s already hip-deep in production on ?The Last Airbender,? his adaptation of the popular animated series ? does he really  have enough room in his geek bone to revisit the moody superhero film?

During a recent press event, Shyamalan addressed that very question as put forth by MTV News ? is he still considering ?Unbreakable 2″? According to the director, that answer is a resounding yes.

?I am,? revealed Shyamalan. ?I don?t know where all the parties are in the world. Sam [Jackson] is like ?Mr. Comic Book? now. And Bruce, I don?t know what he?s up to. I don?t know where Disney?s at in their head and what kind of movies they?re up for making. But yeah, I love that movie.?

This isn?t the first time that Shyamalan has enthused about continuing the ?Unbreakable? mythos. Last year, he revealed that he?d like to start working on it immediately, but that he also wanted to make sure the timing was right.

?I want a story to pop into my head that is organic and expressive of who I am,? he said at the time. ?You know, these are all kinds of journals of where I am emotionally, so it?s kind of hard. I?m kind of trying to go back to the journal that existed in 1999 for me. But I know me: As soon as I give up on it is when the idea will come to me.?

Even Samuel L. Jackson has expressed interest in revisiting his ?Unbreakable? character. With him and Shyamalan on board, how could the film?s star Bruce Willis be able to say no? If nothing else, he could send a surrogate to act the part for him!

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/06/17/m-night-shyamalan-still-considering-unbreakable-sequel/
What you see isn't always what u get.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »
They should make it. It will be awesome.

kkehoe5

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2009, 11:06:50 AM »
I just watched Unbreakable for the second time last night on netflix.com. It was the the first time I had seen it since the theater. I am not sure why everyone gives this movie so much praise. It is a good story, just not the greatist M Night has done IMO. People claime this to be his best work? The long pauses during the dialog just kills me. Watching people interact so unnaturally ruins it for me. The story is good, the acting is bad. If they make a sequal I hope they let the actors interact and talk to eachother in a normal way.

I don't want to sound like I am bashing the movie or M Night, it is not as great for me as it is to others I guess. I really don't understand it.